Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Virgin Atlantic Airways | Flying Club
Reload this Page >

ANA (NH) Redemptions using VS Flying Club points - thread locked Sept 2022

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ANA (NH) Redemptions using VS Flying Club points - thread locked Sept 2022

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2022, 4:50 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG100K, BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat,
Just booked another F award USA - HND for May 26th of next year. 5th F award booked so far
IndyHoosier likes this.
Old Jun 30, 2022, 2:47 am

Originally Posted by TravelingZoomer
Just booked another F award USA - HND for May 26th of next year. 5th F award booked so far
Im guessing from ORD?

PS does anyone need a JFK-HND one-way on 22 July?

Might be about to free up a space today. Issues with connecting flight.

edit: in F
DesperateDan likes this.
Old Jul 1, 2022, 9:31 am

Deleted
Old Jul 1, 2022, 1:55 pm

Programs: BA G CX S AS G DL PM
What's the fuel surcharge like for USA-TYO roundtrip in F now?
Old Jul 2, 2022, 9:53 am

Programs: Alaska, Bonvoy, Hyatt
Boy watching seats open up has been challenging -30 days out and hard to find a pair on SEA_HND. :-( Guess everyone's pent up demand + "surely general tourism will be open in 2023" means snapping up seats.
Old Jul 5, 2022, 11:30 pm

Originally Posted by TravelingZoomer

Ive seen zero f fares from lax sfo sjc or sea! Are they getting grabbed quickly?
Old Jul 6, 2022, 4:19 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Fortune Wings Club Gold
Originally Posted by tripmaster
Ive seen zero f fares from lax sfo sjc or sea! Are they getting grabbed quickly?
SJC never had F, SFO will lose F in Oct but they're not even selling F for cash before then (this is a bad sign, gdi my F award flight may get cancelled nooooooo), pretty sure SEA also never had F, and not all of LAX's planes have F anymore. So this is not surprising. If you want F, ORD and JFK should still be flying it.
Old Jul 6, 2022, 6:28 pm

Ahh, I had LAX this year which I cancelled.
Old Jul 8, 2022, 5:01 pm

Originally Posted by tripmaster
Ahh, I had LAX this year which I cancelled.
I had perfectly lined up LHR-HND-LAX in F and they subsequently cancelled both segments.

Then, they confirmed theyd be flying F on it again on the same dates, and there was no availability.

Planning a year of sabbatical travel for this year has been frustrating, to put it extremely mildly.
tripmaster, not2017 and aquanine like this.
Old Jul 9, 2022, 3:13 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA,UA,DL,BA,HH,*W,BW
Arrival Restrictions

Originally Posted by Tofino87
Sporadic. As above, late opening availability and cancellations opening up space.

If you find anything you can’t use in F, please let me know. I have VS points burning a hole in my pocket.

I really think they’re capping ticket sales/award seats based on japans national entry caps - for example
There is warning message on ANA's site after searching for flights that states:
  • Due to the Japanese government's request to strengthen the restriction on the number of visitors to Japan, if the number of reservations for international flights (ANA flights) arriving in Japan reaches the limit, we suspend the reservation sales.

I searched for award and revenue flights 2 weeks out from today all the way thru March 2023. I repeatedly keep getting that message. I feel that ANA is capping award seats released in a similar way as the revenue arrivals are being controlled. Which is weird because I can't see any way that Japan will continue in this reduced arrivals scenario. The tourism sector in Japan is furious at the government's procrastination.
Old Jul 9, 2022, 4:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by not2017
There is warning message on ANA's site after searching for flights that states:
  • Due to the Japanese government's request to strengthen the restriction on the number of visitors to Japan, if the number of reservations for international flights (ANA flights) arriving in Japan reaches the limit, we suspend the reservation sales.

I searched for award and revenue flights 2 weeks out from today all the way thru March 2023. I repeatedly keep getting that message. I feel that ANA is capping award seats released in a similar way as the revenue arrivals are being controlled. Which is weird because I can't see any way that Japan will continue in this reduced arrivals scenario. The tourism sector in Japan is furious at the government's procrastination.
The arrival cap is not an actual issue in terms of booking. I have booked flights with quite short notice, and I have never been blocked due to arrivals caps. There were two periods when it was an issue, when first introduced in March 2021 and when there was a sudden reduction in the cap in November 2021. Both ANA and JAL suspended sales of inbound tickets for a short period, but you could book the flights provided you had a connecting flight rather than being an arriving passenger.
Old Jul 10, 2022, 2:03 pm

Originally Posted by night718
Is it possible to find 2 award seats in F or J from JFK to Tokyo? I read they only release 1 F and 1 J per flight?
I have gotten two F seats out of JFK 3 times now, but I have not been able to fly them due to COVID. I currently have 2 F out of JFK for October and I'm really crossing my fingers. They are released, but they are normally booked up earlier by people with ANA points. I believe my October booking was someone canceling a flight since they randomly popped up in February of this year and I called as soon as I saw them. I would just recommend checking every day.
night718 and Maestro Ramen like this.
Old Jul 17, 2022, 5:50 am

Originally Posted by b.xiao
What's the fuel surcharge like for USA-TYO roundtrip in F now?
Found this link from another post in this thread: https://www.ana.co.jp/en/jp/book-pla...fuelsurcharge/

Starting Aug 1, 2022, it's going up to the mid-$300s each way. Yikes
Old Aug 6, 2022, 2:10 am

Does anyone know what Virgins flexible booking policy is now and how it impacts partner award tickets please?

I understand it has changed since June 2022.

1) For cancellations (by choice of traveller), It was the case that a 30/$50 fee was applicable per ticket (subtracted from the taxes/fees paid on a ticket), with miles being refunded in full.

2) for change of date, there was no change fee, but the change in Taxes/YQ would be applicable (obviously that has changed ALOT in the last 12 months on most tickets!!)

But I cant see what the current fees/policies are for this if anyone can elaborate? TIA
Old Aug 7, 2022, 2:06 am

Originally Posted by Andrew Davidson
I have gotten two F seats out of JFK 3 times now, but I have not been able to fly them due to COVID. I currently have 2 F out of JFK for October and I'm really crossing my fingers.
I'm in the exact same boat! If Japan doesn't open up by October...have people had success in using points to add an ANA award seat to CONNECT through Japan to/from....anywhere else (instead of entering Japan)?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.