FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ANA (NH) Redemptions using VS Flying Club points - thread locked Sept 2022
Old Jul 9, 2022, 3:13 pm
not2017

Programs: AA,UA,DL,BA,HH,*W,BW
Arrival Restrictions

Originally Posted by Tofino87
Sporadic. As above, late opening availability and cancellations opening up space.

If you find anything you can’t use in F, please let me know. I have VS points burning a hole in my pocket.

I really think they’re capping ticket sales/award seats based on japans national entry caps - for example
There is warning message on ANA's site after searching for flights that states:
  • Due to the Japanese government's request to strengthen the restriction on the number of visitors to Japan, if the number of reservations for international flights (ANA flights) arriving in Japan reaches the limit, we suspend the reservation sales.

I searched for award and revenue flights 2 weeks out from today all the way thru March 2023. I repeatedly keep getting that message. I feel that ANA is capping award seats released in a similar way as the revenue arrivals are being controlled. Which is weird because I can't see any way that Japan will continue in this reduced arrivals scenario. The tourism sector in Japan is furious at the government's procrastination.