Search

Shout Out to the VS Twitter Team

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2017, 12:21 pm
McG
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC
Shout Out to the VS Twitter Team

Was self connecting at LHR today onto the VS105 LHR to SEA enroute to Anchorage. The BA flight I was taking to get to LHR from GLA went tech on pushback and ended up departing GLA 4 hrs late, causing me to miss the VS105.

When it looked like the delay was going to cause me to miss the flight, I DM'd the VS twitter account and asked them what my options were. These were very limited as flight was booked through Expedia. I called Expedia before BA flight left GLA and all they could suggest was cancelling and rebooking. Not much use that.

Despite having a very restricted fare (O selling class), the VS Twitter team managed to get me rebooked onto tomorrows flight. Given it looked like I was going to need to shell out for as whole new flight, thought I would give a shout out to the twitter team at VS for some excellent customer service today.
Old Jun 7, 2017, 8:24 am

Programs: BA Exec Club Bronze, Hilton Diamond, Virgin Flying Club Red
Confused by this - you had a single ticket from GLA-ANC, and would have had protection on your connection?

Not sure what VS have done beyond what's expected.
Old Jun 8, 2017, 11:37 am
McG
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by clarkeysntfc
Confused by this - you had a single ticket from GLA-ANC, and would have had protection on your connection?

Not sure what VS have done beyond what's expected.
It was 2 separate tickets - GLA to LHR booked through BA and LHR to ANC booked through Expedia.

Expedia were of no help but the VS team were able to rebook me despite them having no obligation to.
Old Jun 30, 2017, 7:33 am

Programs: Delta Death March, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott/Hilton Gold Life
That's funny - the VS Twitter team specifically told me they could NOT do that (in mid-May):

"We're not able to re-book flights here in the Social team, you will need to call our Customer Service team to re-book i'm afraid. ^R"

and

"Sorry to say we're not able to assign seats if our Customer Service team are not able to as we would us the same system as them. ^R"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.