Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Virgin Tier Points Run

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2017, 10:17 am
Original Poster

Virgin Tier Points Run

Can anybody recommend the cheapest way to earn 200TP in the next two months, im sitting at 800TP and would like to retain my gold status simply for the LHR clubhouse access when flying PE etc..
Old Mar 1, 2017, 10:27 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, VS Gold, Virgin Trains Traveller, Her Majesties Secret Service.
Where are you based?
Old Mar 1, 2017, 6:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
And your budget?

I think you just need to hit the VS website and look at prices etc
Old Mar 2, 2017, 9:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Aren't short Delta flights in Business / First Class worth 75 TPs each? A cheap hop around the U.S. would do it, but you obviously have to be over there in the first place.
Old Mar 2, 2017, 10:11 am

Programs: Skyteam Elite+, VS Red, HHonours Diamond, Accor Plat
You can do MAN - BOS for 1,450 return in Upper (Z) that would net 200 Tier points on any Wed or Sat in Apr.

Not as good as the 1,000 Upper offer a month or so ago but still a pleasant and easy way to get to Gold.
Old Mar 2, 2017, 3:48 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the replies..

Want TPs as cheaply as possible, time rich but cash poor!

I'm based in London, but dont mind hopping across the pond. Concerned with Delta domestic, as i recently missed out on Delta Tier Points/Miles as I flew a Delta Flight connection flight, but virgin will only award Tier/Miles on Delta connection if its a virgin ticket...

Passengers are able to earn Virgin Atlantic miles on Delta flights, but have never been able to earn miles on Delta Partner flights, for example, if you fly on a Delta flight that is operated by GoJet. Please take a look at the following link for further information on this:

http://www.delta.com/content/www/en_...-partners.html
Old Mar 2, 2017, 3:49 pm
Original Poster

Think the 1000 a month ago required 2 people to travel...
Old Mar 2, 2017, 4:16 pm

Programs: Skyteam Elite+, VS Red, HHonours Diamond, Accor Plat
Only on the valentines day deal. Before that it was 999 per person, no 2 people requirement.

http://www.headforpoints.com/2017/01...ter-to-boston/
Old Mar 5, 2017, 7:12 am

Programs: BA Gold, B6 Mosiac, VS, AA, DL (and a legacy UA 2MM)
Originally Posted by babyg_wc

Passengers are able to earn Virgin Atlantic miles on Delta flights, but have never been able to earn miles on Delta Partner flights, for example, if you fly on a Delta flight that is operated by GoJet.
Just a clarification please: On the Delta site, SFO-LAX for example has some flights operated by Delta and some operated as "SkyWest DBA Delta Connection". Are you saying that the latter will not earn Virgin miles/tier points?

Thanks
Old Mar 8, 2017, 6:15 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by StingWest
Just a clarification please: On the Delta site, SFO-LAX for example has some flights operated by Delta and some operated as "SkyWest DBA Delta Connection". Are you saying that the latter will not earn Virgin miles/tier points?

Thanks
If its virgin ticket then yes, if its a delta ticket then no virgin miles or tps
Old Mar 14, 2017, 7:16 pm

Programs: Starwood Platinum, Delta, United, Marriott, British Airways, Virgin, American
Originally Posted by babyg_wc
If its virgin ticket then yes, if its a delta ticket then no virgin miles or tps
If you fly on a Delta flight and choose Virgin Atlantic as your FF account, entering your VA FF#, you should earn VA miles, bonuses, and tier points. You can check this on the VA site under Earning with Partners.
Old Mar 15, 2017, 3:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Originally Posted by Robinjoym
If you fly on a Delta flight and choose Virgin Atlantic as your FF account, entering your VA FF#, you should earn VA miles, bonuses, and tier points. You can check this on the VA site under Earning with Partners.
Virgin Atlantic is VS not VA.

Yes it's pedantic but people sometimes mean V Australia or V America and it avoids confusion
Old Mar 15, 2017, 4:49 am

Programs: Starwood Platinum, Delta, United, Marriott, British Airways, Virgin, American
Yes, I meant Virgin Atlantic.
Old Mar 17, 2017, 5:47 pm

Programs: VS Gold
Originally Posted by Robinjoym
100% back this up. I take a lot of domestic Delta flights all booked through and ticketed by Delta and as long as I add my Flying Club number to the booking I get the miles / tier points credited within a day or two without fail and this includes Delta Connection flights.
Old Mar 25, 2017, 9:00 pm

Originally Posted by jamietb
100% back this up. I take a lot of domestic Delta flights all booked through and ticketed by Delta and as long as I add my Flying Club number to the booking I get the miles / tier points credited within a day or two without fail and this includes Delta Connection flights.
As a followup to my prior post, I flew Delta and Delta Connection (Sky West) (under 3000 miles) on a Delta ticket entering my VS ff#, and I received 25 tier points for each flight in Premium Economy the next day. I also received the mileage bonus for my Virgin Atlantic Silver status.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.