Wiki Posts
Search

JFK -> LHR: What is "snooze zone?"

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2015, 12:51 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by NotHamSarnie
I'll be taking my first VS TATL this Fall and have opted for the Snooze Zone. Is it possible to watch the AVOD from the sleep position (on the 346)? Does one need help from the FA to get back from the sleep position to the sitting position in the morning?

On the way back I'm on the 333. It looks awfully cramped. I selected a K side window. Are the glass partitions really see-through? Is one disturbed by the TV light from neighboring cubicles?
It is possible to watch -- maybe not the most comfortable, but definitely possible. Though, if you are going to be up anyway, you may want to consider taking a seat in the non-snooze zone, in case you decide you also want to eat or something.

You do not need help from an FA to convert the seat to and from a bed, though they can sometimes be fussy so you may find yourself wanting help, especially if you've never done it / seen it done before. They are pretty good at making themselves available for such things though.

On the A330, the partitions are translucent, like frosted glass. TV light from a neighbor shouldn't be a problem as the translucent part is only in the half of the seat closest to the aisle.
Old Jul 18, 2015, 7:45 am

Programs: DL DM PM
Originally Posted by bgriff
It is possible to watch -- maybe not the most comfortable, but definitely possible. Though, if you are going to be up anyway, you may want to consider taking a seat in the non-snooze zone, in case you decide you also want to eat or something.

You do not need help from an FA to convert the seat to and from a bed, though they can sometimes be fussy so you may find yourself wanting help, especially if you've never done it / seen it done before. They are pretty good at making themselves available for such things though.

On the A330, the partitions are translucent, like frosted glass. TV light from a neighbor shouldn't be a problem as the translucent part is only in the half of the seat closest to the aisle.
Thank you. I hope to nosh at the club in IAD and then sleep immediately but you never know.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.