Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Better Clubhouse experience?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2014, 11:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC gold (silver most of the time), ex-bmi (RIP) ex-silver, and a fistful of Amexes
Better Clubhouse experience?

Next week, the missus and her team are meeting the man in charge of all things Clubhouse. She's been working on a technology which--if you download the app, and switch it on--works out where you are in a building very precisely.

If that sounds dull and nerdy, think how it might be applied:
* you walk through the clubhouse door and rather than faff with your boarding pass, your photo zings up on the receptionist's screen and they just wave you in
* barman has a glass of your favourite waiting for you
* if the lounge isn't announcing, the computer works out where you are in the airport vs. the gate and timing, and buzzes to remind you that you really do need to be hustling for the gate
...and possibly quite a bit more.

So that's the question: what would improve your experience of the clubhouse, aided by an app that knows where you are in the airport?
Old Apr 1, 2014, 6:10 am

Programs: BA Gold, UA Premier 1K, Amex Plat, GlobalEntry
Cowshed Spa

It would be great to be able to secure an appointment at the Cowshed Spa with an app rather than hurrying to get there to maybe be able to get my hair cut.

Steve

Originally Posted by sky-rat
Next week, the missus and her team are meeting the man in charge of all things Clubhouse. She's been working on a technology which--if you download the app, and switch it on--works out where you are in a building very precisely.

If that sounds dull and nerdy, think how it might be applied:
* you walk through the clubhouse door and rather than faff with your boarding pass, your photo zings up on the receptionist's screen and they just wave you in
* barman has a glass of your favourite waiting for you
* if the lounge isn't announcing, the computer works out where you are in the airport vs. the gate and timing, and buzzes to remind you that you really do need to be hustling for the gate
...and possibly quite a bit more.

So that's the question: what would improve your experience of the clubhouse, aided by an app that knows where you are in the airport?

Last edited by backdoc; Apr 1, 2014 at 4:11 pm
Old Apr 2, 2014, 3:47 pm

Programs: VS/BA/CX/EK
Booking spa treatments _used_ to be a Gold perk...

BC
Old Apr 8, 2014, 1:43 am

Programs: FB LT Plat, BA LTG, LH HON
Thoughts are similar when the same post was in the BA thread - really just a solution looking for a problem....
Old Apr 8, 2014, 9:44 am
Moderator, Virgin Atlantic

Programs: VS Red, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium - earned out of our own pocket!.
Originally Posted by FatnLoud
.......- really just a solution looking for a problem....
+ 1

Never had to wait very long to get into the Clubhouse, the Ladies have all the people they are expecting by flight on their touch screens, and it doesn't take long to order a drink.

I think VS have many far more pressing issues for their IT Dept. to get sorted - Website update, anyone?

Nick
Old Apr 8, 2014, 12:03 pm

The thing is, I don't really want an app (or anyone else) knowing where I am. I value my privacy and am a bit cynical about whether these things work to our advantage.
Old Apr 8, 2014, 11:36 pm
Suspended

Programs: VX Gold
+1111111

seriously

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.