Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Virgin Atlantic Airways | Flying Club
Reload this Page >

(Master Thread) except ANA (NH) using VS points.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 8, 2015, 2:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: geclub1
Flying Club Contact Info

USA +1 800 365 9500

SOUTH AFRICA +27 11 340 3535

HONG KONG +852 2532 6060 9 AM to 6 PM M-F 9 AM to 2 PM Sat

CHINA +86 21 5353 4600

INDIA +1-800-102-3000 ( Toll Free )
+91-124-4693030

CARIBBEAN +1 800 744 7477

Tips to Book Partner Awards:

Delta:

Check af.com for availability.

Virgin Australia:

One-way awards possible
Print Wikipost

(Master Thread) except ANA (NH) using VS points.

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2019, 8:31 am

Originally Posted by Mauibaby2008
is there some secret about booking Asia>USA flights on DL metal w. VS miles?

Have 60K miles and need a flight home mid March-april and would rather use these up. thanks for any advice

MB
NGO-DTW usually has great award space, even in J. On an old bird though...
Old Jan 7, 2020, 1:49 pm

Programs: Tinder Plus
Any experiences on redeeming Virgin Atlantic miles on Hawaii Airlines ?
Old Jan 7, 2020, 4:21 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
Looking to fill a gap in an itinerary from HKT - SIN. I can see Silk Air operates this route but when searching there is no availability. Does anyone know if Silk Air can be booked with VS miles? Thanks
Old Jan 8, 2020, 4:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by ExpatSomchai
Looking to fill a gap in an itinerary from HKT - SIN. I can see Silk Air operates this route but when searching there is no availability. Does anyone know if Silk Air can be booked with VS miles? Thanks
Just SQ.
ExpatSomchai likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2020, 3:11 pm

Programs: Avios Hunter
Definitely not the case that the lowest points bookings on Delta are available on Virgin. BOS-DUB is 80K in Delta one on 9th/10th/11th/12th/14th Nov.
Only available on Virgin on the 10th.

Seems virgin gets a subset of the lowest points bookings.

Last edited by tangey; Jan 9, 2020 at 3:56 am
Old Jan 19, 2020, 1:34 pm

What is everyone's experience with additional Delta One availability showing on Virgin? I am looking for a flight in April and only one Delta One is available on the route/day I am looking for - any chance they open another seat?
Old Jan 20, 2020, 11:41 am

Programs: AA Life Plat 4mm, Hilton Diamond
How do we fly to Cairo using VS miles (Delta?) from the US: the drop down box doesn’t list Egypt? Do we have to book into Rome or Athens then just pay our way?
Old Jan 20, 2020, 12:22 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
Originally Posted by kmandrew
How do we fly to Cairo using VS miles (Delta?) from the US: the drop down box doesn’t list Egypt? Do we have to book into Rome or Athens then just pay our way?
Try CAI
Old Jan 21, 2020, 8:01 pm

Programs: AA Life Plat 4mm, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ExpatSomchai
Try CAI
I know airport codes, it won’t take.
I think the best solution for us might be to book OMA - MAD for 72.5K in J (Delta One) spend a few days then just buy a ticket to CAI or use AA miles on RJ.
Old Jan 22, 2020, 9:39 am

Booking a trip to Australia from the US this December. When doing initial research, FlyingClub seemed a good program to target (given connections to Delta and Virgin Australia), so the three of us opened the US credit card for the sign up bonuses. We also have UR & MR points to transfer.

Our return date isn't open yet for reservations but doing some dry searches before that date aren't showing any availability on the FlyingClub site. I have ExpertFlyer and Juicy Miles. How far out do partner awards for Delta or Virgin Atlantic open up? Should I be searching for a different award on ExpertFlyer in order to find availability? I assume I will have to make a phone reservation.
Old Feb 24, 2020, 1:16 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hertz PC, HH Dia
Made a booking in DL F (domestic) using VS points. DL changed the departure time of the flight to an earlier time that I could no longer make.

Called VS to have them move me to the next DL flight (ATL-SEA) and was told that there was no partner award availability on any other flight for the next 3 days. Agent offered to refund me my points. What is the point of announcing a giant JV and advertising that VS points can be used to book partners if there are zero provisions for rebooking if there is a schedule change (other than praying that more partner award space is available)?

To make it even more ridiculous, the next flight is a 767-300 with 36 D1 seats, of which only 2 (!) are currently occupied. Now, it's probably DL's fault that they haven't released any partner award space, but still, how stupid.
not2017 likes this.
Old Feb 24, 2020, 3:45 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
Originally Posted by WillSkiGT
Made a booking in DL F (domestic) using VS points. DL changed the departure time of the flight to an earlier time that I could no longer make.

Called VS to have them move me to the next DL flight (ATL-SEA) and was told that there was no partner award availability on any other flight for the next 3 days. Agent offered to refund me my points. What is the point of announcing a giant JV and advertising that VS points can be used to book partners if there are zero provisions for rebooking if there is a schedule change (other than praying that more partner award space is available)?

To make it even more ridiculous, the next flight is a 767-300 with 36 D1 seats, of which only 2 (!) are currently occupied. Now, it's probably DL's fault that they haven't released any partner award space, but still, how stupid.
they can open up award space for you. It doesn’t need to exist they can create it
Old Feb 25, 2020, 8:38 am

Programs: DL PM, Hertz PC, HH Dia
Originally Posted by blitzen
they can open up award space for you. It doesn’t need to exist they can create it
"They" being VS or DL? Neither showed any desire to actually help me.
not2017 likes this.
Old Feb 25, 2020, 10:03 am
ned

Programs: MTD pass holder
Similar thing happened to me. Delta was selling space on the flight I needed but would not open the space. Virgin apparently could do nothing and I was SOL. I had to rebook with AA using anytime awards for many miles. With this virus problem I am now just hoping we will not have to cancel the trip.
Old Feb 25, 2020, 2:29 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
Originally Posted by WillSkiGT
"They" being VS or DL? Neither showed any desire to actually help me.
VS has to request it from DL .... not easy took me a while when I flew BA usingAA miles

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.