Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Virgin Atlantic Airways | Flying Club
Reload this Page >

(Master Thread) except ANA (NH) using VS points.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 8, 2015, 2:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: geclub1
Flying Club Contact Info

USA +1 800 365 9500

SOUTH AFRICA +27 11 340 3535

HONG KONG +852 2532 6060 9 AM to 6 PM M-F 9 AM to 2 PM Sat

CHINA +86 21 5353 4600

INDIA +1-800-102-3000 ( Toll Free )
+91-124-4693030

CARIBBEAN +1 800 744 7477

Tips to Book Partner Awards:

Delta:

Check af.com for availability.

Virgin Australia:

One-way awards possible
Print Wikipost

(Master Thread) except ANA (NH) using VS points.

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2019, 4:03 pm

Virgin's website was vague on the terms, so I wanted to ask here. I'm looking at booking a delta roundtrip with Virgin Atlantic miles. It seems like according to the terms, I can change the dates of the tickets for a $50 change fee. Is that correct? I am unclear if partner awards count in their terms for the change fee.
Old Feb 27, 2019, 2:50 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, AS MVPG, SPG PLAT 100
LAX-AMS in Delta One for the whole family booked Feb 2019 for summer vacation in Europe. 50k+$5.60 a head, refunded 70k pp tickets on LAX-VIE booked via United previously. Netted us better seats (DL A330 reverse herringbone), big mileage savings, plus my 9yo wanted to see Ann Frank house before European vacay got rolling.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 4:29 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob/UA Gold
Looking for a Delta One partner award using VS miles some time this Spring or early Summer BOS-EDI. The Virgin Atlantic website is showing availability Jun 4-9 in Delta One for 95K miles + $1,319.53 in fees. I thought if I could find Delta space the fees should be $5.60? Air France shows the same flight for 113K miles + $10.10. Expertflyer shows saver availability on DL.

Are there any tricks to getting lower fees on Delta flights via VS?
Old Mar 4, 2019, 11:40 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, NZ Gold, BA Gold
Hi All, I've read through all the comments and I really had no idea there was so much use for my flying club miles. Any tips on booking AKL - SYD in business with Air NZ?? Every time I call they can never find availability
Old Mar 5, 2019, 3:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by noddie09
Hi All, I've read through all the comments and I really had no idea there was so much use for my flying club miles. Any tips on booking AKL - SYD in business with Air NZ?? Every time I call they can never find availability
Unfortunately trying to get award seats on NZ is next to impossible. They simply don't release many.
noddie09 likes this.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 8:15 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, NZ Gold, BA Gold
Plenty of economy for 10,000 points but nothing in J - Thanks anyway @onlysuites
Old Mar 12, 2019, 2:16 pm

I just booked an SAA flight from Dakar to Washington, DC. Found the flight on United beforehand. Taxes were high for me though, I think bc of the one-way originating in Senegal.

Last edited by maal99; Mar 12, 2019 at 6:18 pm
Old Mar 12, 2019, 3:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Plus fuel surcharges.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 10:23 am

Originally Posted by joachimm
Looking for a Delta One partner award using VS miles some time this Spring or early Summer BOS-EDI. The Virgin Atlantic website is showing availability Jun 4-9 in Delta One for 95K miles + $1,319.53 in fees. I thought if I could find Delta space the fees should be $5.60? Air France shows the same flight for 113K miles + $10.10. Expertflyer shows saver availability on DL.

Are there any tricks to getting lower fees on Delta flights via VS?

You have to be flying to the Non-UK parts of Europe to drop the fuel surcharges when using Virgin miles.
joachimm likes this.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 2:08 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob/UA Gold
Originally Posted by greenarmy
You have to be flying to the Non-UK parts of Europe to drop the fuel surcharges when using Virgin miles.
Thanks for the explanation! I had been looking at BOS-CDG before.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 1:00 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
I was able to book 5 business class awards on DL operated SEA-PVG for next Fall, once it changes over from an old 767 to a new A330neo. 60k miles and a few bucks per ticket, great deal, especially factoring in the promo during which I transferred the MRs over last Fall. Initially I had moved my MRs over to VS for some ANA F awards, but getting all 5 of us together to try Delta One new suites seems like a better use of the miles. DL made large numbers of D1 award seats available ex-SEA for the 767s and as they have moved some new aircraft onto those routes they dont seem to have lessened the award inventory.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 7:23 pm

Looking to book either KIX or ICN to the US (anywhere, really. Get me to a hub, I'll figure out the rest), and it seems like it's impossible to book either of these? They don't show up in the list (among other major airports I've noticed). You can get to the US from either of those airports by a number of their partners, so I'm not sure why they're missing.
Old Apr 6, 2019, 10:48 am

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
Originally Posted by t325
Looking to book either KIX or ICN to the US (anywhere, really. Get me to a hub, I'll figure out the rest), and it seems like it's impossible to book either of these? They don't show up in the list (among other major airports I've noticed). You can get to the US from either of those airports by a number of their partners, so I'm not sure why they're missing.
yeah, bummer they don’t include them, you will have to call to book. But you can use a tool like Expert Flyer to look for the award space. There seemed to be good availability when i looked for the delta routes into and out of Seattle. Not sure if you are trying to get to west coast or east though...
Old Apr 6, 2019, 7:37 pm

Originally Posted by stephem

yeah, bummer they don’t include them, you will have to call to book. But you can use a tool like Expert Flyer to look for the award space. There seemed to be good availability when i looked for the delta routes into and out of Seattle. Not sure if you are trying to get to west coast or east though...
I live in STL, so DTW or MSP would be my top choices, with ATL being next. I’d rather maximize my time in a premium long haul cabin. Plus, if I have to book separate tickets, I figure I’d have a better shot at being accommodated after IRROPS if it’s the same airline. DL doesn’t fly SEA-STL and I’d prefer to not add an extra stop. But thanks for the advice, maybe I’ll have to check into EF for looking up availability to either of those.
Old May 1, 2019, 10:51 pm

I found saver Hawaiian space SYD-HNL in business, and it also appears in AA.com. But VA is saying they don't have it. Shouldn't they?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.