Wiki Posts
Search

Flight ideas? Preferably Upper Class.

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2013, 3:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold
Flight ideas? Preferably Upper Class.

Hi all, my partner and I have around 160k miles and are considering the best way to use these for flights. We mainly fly BA J so we'd quite like to experience Upper Class. Any ideas to maximise our miles / destinations?

Many thanks.
Old Jul 28, 2013, 4:13 am

Programs: A variety of Platinums, Golds, Silvers and other fancy metals.
100k will upgrade your Economy Seats to UC to the US.
You can also upgrade 2 PE seats to UC to Sydney.

Availability to Oz a bit harder than the US, but a hell of a lot better than BA.
Old Jul 28, 2013, 6:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
are the miles all in one account or split between two of you and of so what is the split because you cannot just add the number of miles together.

But you can take miles from the two accounts as long as there are enough to cover at least one sector. One of you will need to phone VS to authorise the other to be able to use the miles from the others accounts. You don't really want to go down the route of gifting / transferring miles as this costs hard cash .

There are several options

1. Straight UC redemptions but you don't have enough for two people for return flights

2. Buy a W or S fare bucket in PE and then Upgrade to UC

3. Buy a Y,B,R,L,U or M economy bucket and then upgrade to UC (M is cheapest and Y the most expensive.

With 2 and 3 you will have to pay some additional VS fuel surcharge. With 3 you will also have to pay extra APD on the ex UK legs
Old Jul 29, 2013, 2:02 am

Programs: BA Exec Club Bronze, Hilton Diamond, Virgin Flying Club Red
160,000 FC miles will be enough for 2 return tickets in Upper to Chicago, NY, Boston or Washington.
Old Jul 29, 2013, 4:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
I misread the number of miles the OP has - they can do full UC redemptions (2* 80k miles)

With 160k then the options are NYC, DC, BOS (not Chicago though as that's 90k miles). Dubai is also 80k miles each.,

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.