Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Gold status for Life on VS

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2013, 1:47 pm
Moderator, Virgin Atlantic
Original Poster

Programs: VS Red, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium - earned out of our own pocket!.

A new perk for our most regular VS fliers has been announced - Gold status for life.

Simply earn 300 tier points on Virgin Atlantic flights and hold a Gold Flying Club member status for 10 consecutive years, or for the REALLY long standing regular customers - rack up 1 million base flown miles on Virgin Atlantic flights. Resuly - Gold for Life!!

See - http://www.virgin-atlantic.com/en/gb...its/index.jsp?

Nick
Old Jul 2, 2013, 2:08 pm
Original Member

Good to see some changes from VS. this along with the domestic routes are showing forward looking which has been lacking in the last few years.

One concern, often improvements like this, such as more miles or lower redemption, end up with increases in a year or so. You can't have your cake and eat it as they say.

Also, maybe my memory is playing tricks, but was silver status not permanent when it was earned under virgin freeways? Permanent extended to the point that they relaunched the scheme under a different name.
Old Jul 2, 2013, 8:43 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
This is surely a positive step for VS, despite some negativity from the usual suspects, who would be wetting themselves with excitement if "their airline" did the same...
Old Jul 3, 2013, 5:59 am

Programs: HH Diamond, VS Au, BA Mauve
Been flying with VS for about 15 years now. 510671 down, 489329 miles to go *

Want to see how many miles you've EVER done on VS?

https://www.virgin-atlantic.com/en/g...42&update.y=15

* Incidentally, that's 51 return flights from LHR to LAX :-(
Old Jul 3, 2013, 1:06 pm

Programs: Various
Not that I need it as I already get VS Gold every year from Amex (and that I no longer fly VS), but I take the latest announcement with pinch of salt. Tim T is right, VS Silver was for 'life' until they changed their mind.

BMI Gold for life anyone?
Old Jul 3, 2013, 3:46 pm

Programs: AA,VS, BA
Help ! Urgent tier points

Guys
Having just abandonned VS but still Gold at the moment, I discover that I am ONE year away from Gold for Life !
Now I have 3 months to get my 40 tier points !
When I was short before I went to SIN and flew SQ F class SIN_KUL_SIN and got a delightful 10 tier points on VS.
Unfortunately SQ no longer offer that route in F, can anyone tell me the shortest (cheapest) SQ route in F ? (Not codeshare).
I have found MAN-MUC, but wondered what else there may be ?
Thanks !!
Old Jul 4, 2013, 12:26 am

Programs: VS Au, Skywards Au, BA Exec Ag, HH Diamond, Taj Au
Originally Posted by LVBrit20
Guys
Having just abandonned VS but still Gold at the moment, I discover that I am ONE year away from Gold for Life !
Now I have 3 months to get my 40 tier points !
When I was short before I went to SIN and flew SQ F class SIN_KUL_SIN and got a delightful 10 tier points on VS.
Unfortunately SQ no longer offer that route in F, can anyone tell me the shortest (cheapest) SQ route in F ? (Not codeshare).
Thanks !!
The detail is not clear, but be prepared for the qualification to be limited to tier points of Virgin flights only. I'm trying to get an answer to this and will post it when I can.
Old Jul 4, 2013, 3:49 am

Programs: Many. Too many. I came here to cut them down. I failed.
Originally Posted by LVBrit20
Guys
shortest (cheapest) SQ route in F ? (Not codeshare).
Thanks !!
From Singapore I think it's SIN-CGK at 1h45 (MAN-MUC = 2h05).

SIN-BWN = 2h05 and offers F.

Middle East might offer some interesting options?
Old Jul 4, 2013, 9:12 am
Original Member

Originally Posted by woggledog

Thanks for the link. It makes interesting reading ! Joined in March 1997. I've earned 1.3M miles but only 310k from VS flights and 195 tier points - so no lifetime gold for me. I've also earned 350k from Hilton double dipping, and 132k from recommending others to Virgin

Whats interesting is the earning from companies that nolonger exist - Forte Hotels, American West, British Midland, to name a few
Old Jul 4, 2013, 10:04 am

Originally Posted by slinky09
The detail is not clear, but be prepared for the qualification to be limited to tier points of Virgin flights only. I'm trying to get an answer to this and will post it when I can.
It does say in the OP:
Originally Posted by Nottingham Nick
A new perk for our most regular VS fliers has been announced - Gold status for life.

Simply earn 300 tier points on Virgin Atlantic flights and hold a Gold Flying Club member status for 10 consecutive years, or for the REALLY long standing regular customers - rack up 1 million base flown miles on Virgin Atlantic flights. Resuly - Gold for Life!!

See - http://www.virgin-atlantic.com/en/gb...its/index.jsp?
Old Jul 5, 2013, 4:32 pm

Programs: AA,VS, BA
Re: VS gold for life

Guys
Definitely only VS tier points
the link for all your mileage is great
TIP:
Copy the mileage screen and PASTE into Excel
Then sort the description into just VIRGIN ATLANTIC flights
And delete the rest
Then you have tour total VS miles and Tier Points
I am at 436k miles and 230 Tier points
Bit of a way to go... but possible !!
Old Jul 5, 2013, 5:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Fantastic link. Good timing, as I've been trying to piece together my flight history from old emails, passport stamps, etc. Unfortunately I only started flying VS in 2007 it seems... And that I didn't actually use a referral as I didn't know of the existence of Flyertalk!!

Would love to have similar for BAEC!
Old Jul 15, 2013, 12:59 am

Programs: CX Marco Polo Club, Virgin Flying Club
Sliver for life?

Originally Posted by Tim_T
Also, maybe my memory is playing tricks, but was silver status not permanent when it was earned under virgin freeways? Permanent extended to the point that they relaunched the scheme under a different name.
Funny you should say that. I remember getting a letter from Virgin many years ago announcing a change to their FF program (maybe Freeway to Flying Club) and I am sure they promised Silver for life. But I couldn't find the letter, and Virgin denied ever having made such an offer.

Silver doesn't offer significant benefits, so I wasn't that bothered.
Old Jul 25, 2013, 4:41 pm

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; VS Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by woggledog

Thanks for the great link! I've earned 512 TP since 1993 (I've been Lifetime Gold since 2003) - and while clocking up 7 TP per sector flying SQ JNB-SIN or HKG-SFO in F on * Alliance RTW certainly helped (as did BD LHR-EDI-LHR and OS via VIE or SK via CPH in C to C/E Europe when they still counted - it was multiple UC flights to/from EWR that earned (and retain) my loyalty.
Old Jul 26, 2013, 6:00 pm

Programs: HH Diamond
The million miles thing; does that include bonus miles earned? I'm on 111,000 if so in just over 18 months still rather a long way to go...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.