Wiki Posts
Search

DL to buy 49% stake in VS (from SQ)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2012, 9:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by Supersonic Swinger
I also don't mind the taxes and surcharges if it means you effectively have access to deeply discounted business class seats.
This was the approach that I used with BMI. The problem is that VS' program is nowhere near as generous.

Originally Posted by Supersonic Swinger
Maybe, but it increases the risk of having to get on board a United plane again. No thanks.
No need to get on board with UA at all.
Old Dec 13, 2012, 1:03 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Tamsin - what else is there to say?
Originally Posted by holtju2
This was the approach that I used with BMI. The problem is that VS' program is nowhere near as generous.
And VS still exists, and BD doesn't. DC was great but it was almost suicidal to have such a generous programme when their airline was losing vast sums of money.
Old Dec 13, 2012, 3:02 pm

Programs: Stuff
One thing I hope for from this, aside from merging my DL miles into VS.. Is for Delta to give VS a few slots to ATL from LHR and a few hundred acres to build the worlds largest clubhouse.. (if anyone has ever been to ATL they will get the joke)

I so prefer UC to DL business first and would love to fly direct to and fro' Atlanta!
Old Jan 8, 2013, 12:49 pm

Programs: KLM and TK Gold
any updates about Skyteam and the possibility of Virgin joining it ?
Old Feb 5, 2013, 9:28 am

Even if VS doesn't join Skyteam, it's quite likely that there will be a lot of new partnerships. I would expect to see codeshare agreements with at least a few member airlines.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.