Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Virgin Atlantic Airways | Flying Club
Reload this Page >

Shops Away (VS Shopping Portal), how long for miles to transfer across?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2012, 1:52 pm
Original Poster

I was wondering how long it takes for the shopping portal earned miles to transfer across to my flying club account? It has been 4 weeks since the miles showed on my shops away history.
Old May 5, 2012, 6:23 am

Mine usually take just over a calendar month. I believe they tell you to wait 40 days before claiming manually.
Old May 5, 2012, 11:55 am

Programs: Lots of shiny metallic ones.
Yup - mine just posted from a transaction on the 28th March...
Old Jul 25, 2013, 8:47 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
I've a shopping transaction still missing from my account :

1) Waited 40 days, nothing
2) Submitted a claim, waited 6 weeks, nothing
3) Submitted another claim, with a note saying it was a reminder, waited 4 weeks, nothing.

Anyone have suggestions on how to escalate the and get a response ?
Old Jul 25, 2013, 9:11 am

In my experience they are truly awful. They seem to have a genuine motivation in not posting your miles. My transactions have often gone 40+ days, I have submitted missing claims, eventually had email correspondence and in most cases after significant back and forth they post a partial amount. They will come up with all kinds of excuses why they cannot post the miles, and I end up giving up the fight, so ultimately they "win". I tend not to use the VS shopping portal now for exactly this reason.
Old Jul 25, 2013, 9:26 am

I would be interested to hear other opinions: do others have as poor experiences with VS shopping portal as well? How do you think it compares to BA e-store and/or other airline shopping portals?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.