Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SFO Clubhouse on arrival

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2003, 6:38 am
Original Poster

Location: Bucks, UK. BA Gold, VS Gold, SPG Platinum etc., etc.
SFO Clubhouse on arrival

I have been reading the comments on the Flyertalk site for some time and found a lot of useful information - so thanks for all that - but it's taken me a while to make my first post.

I am travelling to SFO next week and have a meeting right off the plane. Is it possible to use the showers in the clubhouse on arrival or just on departure? I probably won't have time to get to the hotel beforehand, and don't want their lasting impression of me to be a smelly Ulsterman!

Thanks!

Also, can someone tell me waht the qualifications for becoming a V50 are? I notice that not even the well travelled Mr Mannion or TBS are at this level yet.
Old May 30, 2003, 7:28 am

Programs: LH au VS au BMI au
Sadly the clubhouse wont be open, as to V50, you have to fly loads on high value tickets, and one day if you are lucky, youll get a phone call
Old May 30, 2003, 8:50 am

And Jon, are u still a member of the aforementioned? My Orlando-based colleague who visits me every 3 or so weeks hasn't been invited despite premium travelling, so I guess it's weekly or better?
Old May 30, 2003, 9:32 am

I was flying rtn LHR to USA more than once a week when I got my phone call (on average about 5 to 6 rtn's a month).

[This message has been edited by lfrancis (edited 05-30-2003).]
Old May 30, 2003, 12:47 pm

As a V50, what 'extra' benefits do you notice?
Old May 30, 2003, 1:20 pm

Other than the obvious like being top of the operational upgrade list, a little more care and attention and flexibility when flexibility is needed.
Old May 30, 2003, 7:39 pm

Programs: Various
The more you fly, the more people you get to know at the various terminals and in the air. I have a collection of VS business cards, and a long list of names in the business. Special names and special numbers

To get to V50 (T50 CIP)? We're talking at least 100+ tier Points to get you started.....

They will have Gold coloured cards like everyone else, theres no black cards like BA Only difference is that there will be a note in their booking that will alert the staff that is added by a certain person at HQ for the UK.

With op upgrades been kept down where possible, times are interesting. A wider group of frequent flying Golds are been assisted by the newly formed Premium team, which is only the beginning.

I may not be one of these fifty or so people, but I do have a special kind of relationship with the airline so I normally get looked after pretty well, its amazing what a little recognition can do in the clubhouse or onboard.

Richard
Old May 31, 2003, 2:47 am

Re tier points, I had around 400 old style (cannot remember if it was just over or under) when I got my call.

I will re-iterate Richard's point, knowing people at the Airport is very valuable as it is amazing what some of them can do. At the end of the day if you fly a lot and treat the Virgin staff with respect and courtesy you will be well looked after regardless of your tier.
Old Dec 2, 2003, 4:23 pm

Location: Anaheim, CA - Delta Platinum Medallion,Sky Team Elite Plus, American Airlines Platinum, OneWorld - Emerald, EK-Skywards Gold, VS Flying Club, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold. Hyatt Gold Passport Platinum, Intercontinental Platinum Ambassador
What time does the SFO Clubhouse open? I am flying out of SFO on 12/8 in UC and would like to know when it opens up? Thank you for your help!

------------------
Old Dec 3, 2003, 12:19 pm

I usually get there around 1 P.M. and they are open by then. I would guess around 4:30.
Old Dec 3, 2003, 12:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

When I was at SFO in JUne check in opened at 1230pm ( for a 430pm flight) and I was told by the check in agent that the clubhouse opened at 1pm. I got there around 1pm and it seemed to have been open for a little while ( although i was the first one in) so it might have opened around 1245pm.

I will find out on 6th of Jan when I return from SFO.

Regards

TBS
Old Dec 3, 2003, 12:49 pm

Programs: Various
Check-in opens 4 hours before the published schedule departure time, and the Clubhouse will open around this time too.

V50 is the term we have used externally, internally they are known as somethign else. There are a top set of flyers from each region, for the UK they are known as GBTOP's and they are around 80 of them in the UK. There are more top flyers for each region too.

You have to be flying an awful lot on high class tickets to get to it, 4 Upper Returns a month should do it. There are a few people here that are GBTOP's - and I know how much they fly

I settle for my normal VS Gold for now Liek I said before it does help to be nice and friendly to the various people at Virgin Atlantic - there are means and ways to mark profiles

Thanks,
Richard
Old Dec 3, 2003, 5:25 pm

Location: Anaheim, CA - Delta Platinum Medallion,Sky Team Elite Plus, American Airlines Platinum, OneWorld - Emerald, EK-Skywards Gold, VS Flying Club, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold. Hyatt Gold Passport Platinum, Intercontinental Platinum Ambassador
Please pardon this question as this is my first time flying VS. I would like to know if I can use the SFO Clubhouse upon arrival since I have about 3 hours to wait for my connecting flight to the LA area? Also, is seat 6H OK? I am really looking forward to finally trying Upper Class!

------------------
Old Dec 5, 2003, 12:43 am

Programs: LH au VS au BMI au
your not able to use sfo clubhouse on arrival - its not open
Old Dec 8, 2003, 3:19 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by jongar:
your not able to use sfo clubhouse on arrival - its not open</font>
I'm a bit confused. The post above suggest that the clubhouse opens at 1 for the 4:30 flight. My flight to SFO arrives around 2:00, which would suggest that the clubhouse is open. Am I missing something? Now, they may not let arriving passengers in the lounge, which would be a different story...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.