Search

The Freedom Menu

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2003, 1:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC*75K, DL*FO, MB*TTN
The Freedom Menu

Hi,

Just out of curiousity, does anyone have a copy of the Upper Class "Freedom Menu" which they'd be willing to transcribe and post here, or possibly scan?

I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks, Derek
Old Nov 15, 2003, 3:55 pm

Happy to help.

Here is the menu from my JFK-LHR flight a few months ago:

http://www.airships.net/virgin
Old Nov 15, 2003, 5:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC*75K, DL*FO, MB*TTN
Thanks so much!!

-Derek
Old Nov 15, 2003, 6:12 pm

No prob.

BTW...at the risk of getting flamed...it looks better than it tasted. :-)
Old Nov 18, 2003, 10:01 am

I should note that I found the "freedom menu" somewhat misnamed. Yes, you can order what you want when you want it, but it doesn't necessarily arrive when you want it.

When I flew VS in UC LHR-BOS earlier in the year, the FA said "the first lot of food will be ready in about an hour". Not necessarily "when I wanted" ....
Old Nov 18, 2003, 11:22 am

Interesting observation, HRGM.

I can't really remember how quickly they've managed to turn the first order of food around (ie, on those occassions they asked pre-take off). I don't think I was keeping track specifically, but it was probably 45mins - 1hour. My assumption is that there's a number of duties that have to be sorted immeadiately after take off, such as all the safety stuff and getting the initial drinks out before they can start to cook the first orders. Once the first rush is over, I think the delay between ordering and arrival is closer to 20 minutes (depending on what you're having and how complicated it is to prepare). Soup is pretty quick

Pix.
Old Nov 18, 2003, 12:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,
I tend to agree with pixuk. Whenever I have been asked for my order ( always after take off) I have been advised that it will take around 30mins for it to arrive (although most people seem to have the main meal at the standard time after take off and breakfast aorund 90mins prior to landing)

Regards

TBS
Old Nov 19, 2003, 3:00 am

I remember that on one flight to MIA - a few years ago - we didn't want to eat right away and told the FA this. It was quite amusing that we were asked, about every 20 minutes, "are you ready for your food yet?". I am sure that she was just being attentive, but can't help but think that she wanted to get our food service out of the way...

In general, though, we normally just eat at the normal meal times (i.e. after take-off and about an hour before landing).

So am not convinced about the "when you want it" bit, but really like the "what you want" bit. However, I can't help but nottice/think that the choice has been reduced from a few years back (especially in the appetiser and desert areas...)

Boo
Old Nov 20, 2003, 5:54 am

Programs: Various
I don't mind the hour wait while they do more important tasks like setting up the bar etc, as I have normally yammed in loads of breakfast or lunch in the Clubhouse.

If I remember there is a small quote that explains the wait time - Good food does take time, this isn't McDonalds.

As part of the New Upper Suite, there is a separate Breakafast card (a la Hotel Door Handle thing) that you cna fill in and hand to the staff so that they can have your breakfast ready for you when you are awoken at the time you pre-select. Great idea, especially if I am coming in on a flight that means I will miss the opening hours of Revivals.

Thanks,
Richard

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.