Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Virgin Atlantic Airways | Flying Club
Reload this Page >

Upper Class Suite Launch Party on 19 Nov, London

Old Nov 10, 2003, 6:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: VS/BA/CX/EK

Who's been invited/going?

BC
Old Nov 10, 2003, 6:30 am

Location: Bucks, UK. BA Gold, VS Gold, SPG Platinum etc., etc.
I'm planning on going, so see you there perhaps.

I am surprised that this hasn't been mentioned on the board until now. I wonder how the invitation was targetted and how many people are likely to go?

Sleepy
Old Nov 10, 2003, 8:05 am
GK

Programs: reformed ex basic Member
I was sent the invite email this morning. I replied stating that I'd be delighted to go if they paid for my travel to London. Seems that they didn't screen out non London/SE UK addresses.
Old Nov 10, 2003, 9:23 am

Programs: Lots of shiny metallic ones.
I'm going :-)
Old Nov 10, 2003, 11:32 am

Appears to be 2 dates for the party. On the 18th Richard Branson will be hosting and on the 19th November not shown on the invite!
Old Nov 10, 2003, 3:53 pm

Programs: Various
I'm going, and I know pixuk is too.

Thanks,
Richard
Old Nov 11, 2003, 6:11 am

Programs: LH au VS au BMI au
hmmf - i see it looks like ive been excluded - how quickly they forget the mrons who used to commute twice aweek to NYC. And to think i booked flights to JNB and LAX this morning
Old Nov 11, 2003, 9:30 am

Are there two parties? I've got the invite for the one on the 18th - what's the deal with the 19th?
Old Nov 11, 2003, 11:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Ho Hum.. No invitation for me either !! Oh well.

Regards

TBS
Old Nov 13, 2003, 11:49 am

It turns out there's 3 parties - the 18th, 19th and 20th.

On the 18th it's the VIPs, Press and V50 flyers. On the 19th it's the Gold Flying Club night and on the 20th it's sales night where all the travel agents will be there.

They'll have 8 pairs of the Upper Class Suites to play with, along with a live band and many of the Premium Customer Service team in attendance on the Thursday.

Richard Branson is apparently only making an appearance on the 18th - so plebs like me will miss out on meeting him. preiffer - you're obviously a V50 or a VIP. Come on, fess up - which is it?

Pix.
Old Nov 13, 2003, 12:43 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by pixuk:
It turns out there's 3 parties - the 18th, 19th and 20th.

On the 18th it's the VIPs, Press and V50 flyers. On the 19th it's the Gold Flying Club night and on the 20th it's sales night where all the travel agents will be there.

They'll have 8 pairs of the Upper Class Suites to play with, along with a live band and many of the Premium Customer Service team in attendance on the Thursday.

Richard Branson is apparently only making an appearance on the 18th - so plebs like me will miss out on meeting him. preiffer - you're obviously a V50 or a VIP. Come on, fess up - which is it?

Pix.
</font>
Hi Pix -

I HONESTLY don't know!

My invite does mention that RB will be there, along with other guests, but I have no idea why I'm at the 18th rather than the 19th/20th. I'm sure they'll all be fantastic nights though - looking forward to finally having a look at those suites!

Old Nov 13, 2003, 2:25 pm

Well I'm going on the 18th, so I hope to see you preiffer. As for RB, I'm told he may or may not be attending.... we will find out on Tuesday!

pixuk - your review of the seats was good, I was part of the team that reviewed the seats from the early stages of design (including a night sleeping in them). Do you think people will choose which side of the plane they have their seat depending on the side of their body they sleep on (as the seat pods bend slightly either way depending on which side of the plane you sit)? Personally I like the seats very much and look forward to actually flying on a plane with them soon!

[This message has been edited by lfrancis (edited Nov 13, 2003).]
Old Nov 13, 2003, 2:26 pm

Double post - sorry!

[This message has been edited by lfrancis (edited Nov 13, 2003).]
Old Nov 13, 2003, 3:12 pm

Programs: LH au VS au BMI au
so is no one going to ask me along as thier date ???
Old Nov 14, 2003, 2:10 am

Programs: AmEx Plat, VS AG, SPG Gold, Priority Club/IHG Plat Ambassador, HHon Diamond, Hertz Pres Circle
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by GK:
I was sent the invite email this morning. I replied stating that I'd be delighted to go if they paid for my travel to London. Seems that they didn't screen out non London/SE UK addresses.</font>
GK,

If you are not able to attend, I am happy to be you for the night

------------------
Bazz
Still Flying

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.