Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Virgin Atlantic Airways | Flying Club
Reload this Page >

Is there a limit on Amex MR points transferred to Virgin?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2003, 6:36 pm
Original Poster

Is there any limit on the number of Amex Membership Rewards points you can transfer to VS? I could not find any information on the Amex or Virgin websites (sorry if I was just looking in the wrong place). Thanks!
Old Nov 15, 2003, 7:18 pm

If you go thru the AMEX web pages as though you are going to do a transfer to Virgin, you will eventually get to a page that says:

"Transfer must be made in multiples of 500 points. Minimum transfer is 1,000 points."

There is no maximum transfer amount that I am aware of.
Old Nov 16, 2003, 3:20 am

Programs: AA EXP with lots of BA. UA 2MM Lifetime Plat - No longer chase hotel loyalty
So far I haven't found a limit
Old Nov 16, 2003, 5:32 am
Original Poster

Yes, it was the maximum I was asking about, just to be clear. Thanks!
Old Nov 16, 2003, 8:25 am

I remember reading somewhere that the maximum in one go is 1,000,000. I don't think that meant you couldn't do a second transfer straight after for another 1,000,000. Mind you, nice problem to have

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.