Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Upstairs on a LHR 747

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2003, 3:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, for now at least...
Upstairs on a LHR 747

Are the stairs at the back?

Given the ususal nightmare at LAX immigration, getting off the plane ASAP is a priority, so I am planning on reserving row 74 in PE.

I know it would probably be better to sit downstairs from this point of view, but that is far too close to the unwashed masses
Old Nov 5, 2003, 6:02 am

Programs: VS/BA/CX/EK
Yes, the stairs are at the rear and lead down to the second exit along.

BC
Old Nov 5, 2003, 9:57 am
Moderator, Virgin Atlantic

Programs: VS Red, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium - earned out of our own pocket!.
Being first off the plane doesn't help when the 'unwashed masses' from 10 other 747s that have landed a few minutes in front of you at LAX are all waiting in line already

Nick
Old Nov 5, 2003, 11:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

I have never had a queue in front of me ant Immigration at LAX T2 when the early VS flight 007 arrives (3pm) or KLM flight (2pm approx).( flying PE/UC/WBC)

The TBI terminal( ie main international terminal incl BA) is a diiferent matter and I have had to wait around 20-30mins.

Hopefully no matter where in PE you are you will be amongst one of the first off and as long as you walk failry quickly ( so the Economy people do not overtake you ) you should clear Immigration with no problem.

Good luck!!

Regards

TBS
Old Nov 6, 2003, 3:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, for now at least...
Thanks guys

Will be picking up the soft top and driving straight to Vegas, so the less of a wait the better

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.