Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Virgin Atlantic Airways | Flying Club
Reload this Page >

VS 15 LGW-MCO 1st March & VS 28 MCO-LGW 7th March

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2003, 12:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis

Hi,

Just a few comments on the above flights;
I'll post this in the trip reports if the moderators want me to)

VS15 LGW-MCO 1st March
Seat 73A (PEcon)
B747-400 Barbarella
Dep 1230 Arr 1710
Nova Entertainment System

Check in was quick at the UC counters-a slight queue at Economy.
10 minute wait at Security.
Usual excellent service at the Clubhouse-slightly busy.Had a haircut and a shower at the vtouch salon.
Called for boarding at 1215.
First group had started boading so we joined the queue.
Took off around 1pm. Northerly routing up the Irish Sea , round the top of NI and west of scotland before crossing newfoundland and heading along the eastern seaboard (overwater and cloudy).
Very good PE service- 2 drinks service before the meal and then a brandy/Bailey's service after lunch-I have not seen that for several years.
Saw "Jack***" the movie-while some scenes were gross some were a good laugh
Only slight downpoint -4 people in 72 A,C,H,K ( 2 of them paid to upgrade at check in) and during the flight must have had at least 10 friends/relatives visiting them in groups of 2/3 for several hours during the flight from Economy and kept talking . They did not talk lound enough that I felt could make a fuss to just tried to relax.
Landed around 1710: Gate at 1715, no queue at immigration, stamped and my bag was one of the very first ones off, cleared cuatoms then security for the tram , friendly service. Bags came off the reclaim belt around 1730.

7th March
VS 28 MCO-LGW
Dep 1805: Arr 0640
B747-400 English Rose
Original seat 73 A : New Seat 11H
Nova Entertainment System
Arrived at check in 2pm and seen immediately, new boarding pass issued in "J" Class but I knew with 11H it would be PE service- but it is the UC seat.
Got handed the invitation to the Delta CRC automatically.
Had lunch at McCoys Grill @ the Hyatt-verry nice and relaxed.
15mins to clear security -queue was building up on Friday pm.
Delta CRC very nice ,waited bar services with small waffle buscuits and 2pcs connected to the internet.
Called for boarding around 1730 and headed to the gate- gate not ready for 15mins but we were allowed into the holding pen just before boarding commenced.
Pushback 1825 and take off shortly afterwrds.
More southerly routing today towards the south coast of Ireland before heading due east.
All 12 seats in the second section of Upper class Seats and PE service.
11 H is the bulkhead but you do get a little bit of room at the side, if you stick your legs out. However this bring you into occasional too lcose for comfort contact with peole leaving the UC lavatory and walking back or the occasional cabin crew walking through the curtain so it was easier to keep the legs against the bulkhead and would probably have chosen another seat if the choice was up to me, ( I did not ask the checkin agent-I was too happy to get the UC seat ).
Good service by cabin crew.
Saw Solaris and 28 days moovies.
Landed 0640.
At baggage reclaim saw some UC/PE bags then almost all of the economy bags before the rest of the UC/PE/FC Gold bags ( including)came off around 20mins after first bags arrived and slightly disapointed ( I have mentioned this in a note to VS).
Revivals lounge at LHR excellent, no problem about access even arriving from LGW. Had a shower, then the Sensational Shave-excellent before breakfast/brunch.
I wrote up my complimentary coments in the comments booked, I was thanked for doing so by one of the staff and invited to take one of the long pens for writing in the book -so I did- it is a very nice pen too
Lounge was very quiet before the SFO and late JFK and LAX flights arrived but still quiet.

Apart from the number of economy people visiting the upper deck on the outbound flight and the cases coming off virtually at the end on my return flight, the PE service was very good.
The lounges are excellent as usual.

Regards

TBS

Next flights: LGW-MCO on 18th April rtn MCO-LGW on 22nd April ( Upper Class- Z class fare-book 21 days in advance through VS travlestore

[This message has been edited by The _Banking_Scot (edited 03-17-2003).]

[This message has been edited by The _Banking_Scot (edited 03-17-2003).]
Old Mar 17, 2003, 1:08 pm
Moderator, Virgin Atlantic

Programs: VS Red, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium - earned out of our own pocket!.
TBS

thanks - always enjoy reading your reports.

Nick
Old Apr 3, 2003, 12:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

Looks like I could be getting another phone call from Sir Richard's Office soon ( regarding my letter re baggage delay at LGW-according to Customer Relations this has been passed to Sir RB's office)

Regards

TBS

[This message has been edited by The _Banking_Scot (edited 04-03-2003).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.