Search

VS frontline incompetence

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2003, 4:17 am
Original Poster

VS frontline incompetence

This is truly a gem....

More proof of front line incompetence:
I called VS gold line today to check a fare...

"We don't fly to Dallas sir", said the vs agent
"I know that, I wanted to inquire about connecting using delta, so as to get miles"
"We're not Delta sir"
"I know that, I want to fly from LHR to somewhere like LAX then connect to Dallas"
"Sorry sir, what's LAX"
"Los Angeles"
"Oh, I've never heard it called that before!! Anyway, where did you want to go sir?"
"Look, I want to give Virgin some money & business by travelling with them or their partner airlines."
"The problem is sir, we don't fly to Dallas, you see, we could probably get you to somewhere in the states and I'd recommed getting an American Airlines connection to Dallas."
- said rather sarcastically - "Oh, I had no idea you partner with AA, well that's fine. I'll do that then"
"We can get you to Miami, then you transfer to AA for an internal connection to Dallas Fort Worth"
"Excellent, came you give me a price guide?"
"Yes sir, was it two passengers?"
"No just me, the gold card holder who's account you should have infront of you"
"Oh I thought you said you wanted to travel with your partner sir."
"..........COULD YOU PLEASE JUST GIVE ME AN IDEA ON THE TICKET PRICE"
"That's coming up as 587.00 in our economy cabin sir"
"is that a full Y fare?"
"sorry sir...why what?"
"Oh don't worry....my mistake (thought it the best get out of that one!).....can I check I will earn full mileage on all legs of the journey"
"No sir, we don't give miles for flights on AA. However you will earn full mileage on the Virgin side of the trip"
"But I wanted to earn the miles on the whole...................don't worry....goodbye & thanks for your time"

Then checked AA & BA, their price for non stop is 245.00 including taxes - I have no status with either of them, but I think they will get my business and money!
Old Jan 24, 2003, 5:10 am

Programs: Various
Did you get there name? This person deserves to go into the directory of useless agents.

Even more appalling is that htye are manning the Gold FC line, they are meant to be the most senior agents on the line.

There are some real bad ones, and some real good agents. I think I would ahve requested to speak to someone else a lot earlier.

Thanks,
Richard
Old Jan 24, 2003, 8:51 am

Programs: LH au VS au BMI au
Sounds like a newbie - best to use expedia for connecting bookings whe you want to use VS for the main leg in my experience

Jon

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.