Wiki Posts
Search

JFK Clubhouse

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2003, 3:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Plat
JFK Clubhouse

Flying out of JFK on SQ this week. Was told SQ uses the VS Clubhouse. Is this Clubhouse worth seeking out? How does it compare with the BA Club or First Lounges or the DL Business Elite Lounge at JFK? Thanks for any observations and suggestions.
Old Jan 12, 2003, 4:44 pm
dnw

The highlight is the waitered menu service, you can quite easily fill up and not feel like eating on board! Other than that its pretty standard. Views are quite nice on a clear day.

dnw
Old Jan 13, 2003, 3:05 am

IMHO it's quite possibly the worst designed airline lounge I've seen. It has all the atmosphere of a prison camp (albeit with waiter service and free dirnks )
Old Jan 17, 2003, 8:33 am

IMHO, the Clubhouse is infinitely superior to the lounge of any other airline I have used. At least you get something more than shrink wrapped custard cream biscuits, dry choc chip muffins and past-the-sell-by-date packets of cheese & onion crisps in the Clubhouse. I challenge anyone to find an airline lounge as good.

If you want a prison - use a Priority Pass card to gain access to a ServisAir lounge (or, for that matter, the lounge of any continental European airline).
Old Jan 17, 2003, 8:41 am
Moderator, Virgin Atlantic

Programs: VS Red, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium - earned out of our own pocket!.
AndrewC

In many months of reading FT I think that, apart from the - 'it's not as good as it used to be' comments, yours is the first really negative review I have seen of a Clubhouse.
Would you like to expand at all please?
Old Jan 17, 2003, 12:01 pm

Hi,
Just wanted to add my tuppence,

If you get a long wait at the clubhouse, pop to the front desk and get a dvd from them, go up the stairs behing you and sit in one of the booths watching it while having your hot food and a drink delivered to you.
I don't know many lounges with this type of service.

Only two shower rooms, so if it's busy sit near them, ready to grab one!

The internet / office desk become quite busy, although they have now added another terminal (3 in total).

There are no free telephones on display, they are all cardphones, unlike LHR / LGW. Just pop to the front desk and ask to use a cordless one. They keep these hidden!

All in all, if you get chance, go in, it feels great going up in the lift and glancing back at the "y class" que!!

If you're catching a late flight out (VS10 - or other) be warned the staff can become a bit abrupt, I guess they have had a full day of "moving anyone up to J today?"

My one complaint would be they need to dim the lighting in the restaurant / projector tv end. With the lights on full all the time it's hard to watch the TV wall.

It's all free - so enjoy it!
Old Jan 21, 2003, 1:03 pm

Programs: UA plat (1 mm miler) ; AA plat (2 mm miler); Marriott lifetime Titanium
I think it's great. Can't compare it to BA but, it is much better than UA's first class or any of the other lounges I've been in at JFK.

You can plug and access the net and waiter will bring you food and drinks. Menu is quite decent. You may want to have a full dinner and just go to sleep on the flight.

I really can't understand the single negative comment above.
Old Jan 21, 2003, 3:34 pm

I was probably being a little harsh. What I meant was that the place is over-designed, in a way which is obviously intended to be trendy, but is pretty uncomfortable and not at all pleasing on the eye.

Don't get me wrong - I do like VS UC and the LHR and LGW lounges are great. I just think they missed a great opportunity to come up with something comfortable at JFK.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.