Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Gold but no card.....?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2002, 10:25 am
Original Poster

Gold but no card.....?

I was upgraded to gold 4 weeks ago and still no card has arrived, calls to Virgin tell me there is a delay on the cards again.(similar to when they changed the design and tier points structure).

My question is, I was intending to use the various lounge & Heathrow revivals benefits and VS say, "just take a note of your FF club number along and they'll let you in."

Does anyone have experience of this, I feel that turning up either end of a journey with a handwritten note of a number will cause me probelms and embarrasment with a guest present....any one else had this? By the way, my next two trips will be in coach / economy.

Also, is there a lounge for VS departures at Heathrow T3, I know of the revivals facility at T3 in arrivals, but is there anything in departures?

Grateful for any help with the above!

------------------
Starwood Gold, Virgin Flying Club Gold, still get the tube to heathrow!
Old Jun 3, 2002, 10:37 am

Programs: LH au VS au BMI au
is there a depature lounge - is there ever. The Virgin Clubhouse - the finest lounge in the world, by gate 12D. Just take a note of your FF number (should start 009xx) and they will give you an invite at checkin.
Old Jun 3, 2002, 10:45 am
Original Poster

Many thanks Jongar!
I feel a bit happier now! Just felt a bit dubious with a hand written note!

On the clubhouse front, I have used the JFK T1 clubhouse a few times and loved every minute of it, if the Heathrow one is anything like it..........well, I'll see you there!!

Many thanks again.

------------------
Starwood Gold, Virgin Flying Club Gold, still get the tube to heathrow!
Old Jun 3, 2002, 10:52 am

Programs: LH au VS au BMI au
the lhr one is 300 times better. Until recently I just about lived there wont be in there for a good couple of weeks
Old Jun 3, 2002, 11:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,
Just a quick note to add that the Virgin Touch Salon in the LHR clubhouse is excellent as well ( if you wish to use it you may want to consider booking in advance)
On a fine day walk up the circular stairs to the observatory- excellent views.

Regards

TBS
Old Jun 3, 2002, 7:00 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by The _Banking_Scot:
Hi,
Just a quick note to add that the Virgin Touch Salon in the LHR clubhouse is excellent as well ( if you wish to use it you may want to consider booking in advance)
</font>
Booking ahead is a wise idea. You can do so by calling 020 8897 5055 or by email: [email protected]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.