Wiki Posts
Search

Miles with Great Escapade ticket in economy

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26, 2009, 12:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP 2 MM
Miles with Great Escapade ticket in economy

Some friends are flying round the world in economy and premium economy using a Great Escapade fare on Virgin, Singapore and Air New Zealand.

I have suggested they join the Virgin Flying Club - does anyone know whether they will get miles on all the airlines?
Old Dec 26, 2009, 1:27 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, CX Gold, VA Gold, BA paeon, VS rabble, NZ A$ bru
Yep, they should do!

Check out http://www.virgin-atlantic.com/en/gb...ines/index.jsp for full details.
Old Dec 26, 2009, 3:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routires, PCR
It depends on the booking classes used. Both SQ and NZ are measly with mileage with several fare categories non-earning in other airlines' programmes. (General comment not specific to the Great Escapade.)

I'd suggest preparing a dummy routing then phoning VFC to check whether the booking codes qualify.
Old Dec 26, 2009, 5:42 pm

Programs: bmi British Midland International Diamond Club
Actually it's VS and Flying Club who are the stingiest. Fly discounted economy on Air NZ and you get credited 70% mileage in Flying Club.

From VS: http://www.virgin-atlantic.com/en/gb...&bfSubmit1.y=8

Discounted Economy Class mileage*70% miles flown
Economy Class mileage*100% miles flown

Discounted Economy Class: B, M, H, Q, V, W, T
Economy Class: Y, A
The above fare classes when flying Air NZ will earn 100% mileage in both SIA KrisFlyer and bmi diamond club programmes. Do not credit miles to VS if you intend to fly longhaul on Air NZ - choose another FFP altogether.

Escapade RTW Economy fares usually book in M class on SIA, same as Star Alliance RTW fares. M class on SIA is mid-level and will earn 100% mileage in practically all FFPs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.