Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flexible refundable ticket?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2009, 8:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA something, Luftwaffe SEN, CX Gold, Pilsbury Doughboy Fanclub, and lots of Amex cards
Flexible refundable ticket?

Hi...just hopping over from the BA board..

Can anyone tell me if a Virgin flexible ticket JFK-LHR (in prem economy-J is $6100 one way so a little too much) are fully refundable tickets? Or is there a penalty/charge?
The fare rules arent too clear and I cant find any further reference on the site.

Penalties
CHANGES CHANGES PERMITTED. NOTE - BEFORE DEPARTURE OF THE OUTBOUND JOURNEY - REPRICE USING CURRENT FARES. AFTER DEPARTURE OF THE OUTBOUND JOURNEY - REPRICE USING FARES IN EFFECT AT TIME OF ORIGINAL TICKET ISSUE. INFANTS - NO PENALTY - REPRICE FARE AS ABOVE. CHILDREN - NO DISCOUNTS - APPLY AS PER ADULT. WAIVER - FOR DEATH/ILLNESS OF PAX OR IMMEDIATE FAMILY MEMBER AS EVEDENCED BY A DEATH/HOSPITAL CERTIFICATE - KEEP THE ORIGINAL FARE AND REBOOK AS REQUIRED. RESIDUAL AMOUNTS - FULL REFUND MINUS ANY APPLICABLE CHARGES WILL BE GIVEN IF REPRICING RESULTS IN A LOWER FARE. MULTIPLE CHARGES - APPLY THE HIGHEST CHARGE OF ALL FARE COMPONENTS WITHIN A PRICING UNIT REGARDLESS OF WHETHER THAT FARE COMPONENT HAS BEEN CHANGED. CANCELLATIONS CANCELLATIONS PERMITTED. NOTE - CHARGE THE APPLICABLE FARE FOR ANY OF THE JOURNEY ALREADY TRAVELLED
Thanks in advance
Old Dec 14, 2009, 9:17 am

Programs: bmi British Midland International Diamond Club
I don't know what fare basis your ticket is but if it's the most expensive W fare then it's fully changeable/refundable without additional fees. Note, however, VS in the US will charge a fee of $25 for all refunds, even for fully flexible tickets.
Old Dec 14, 2009, 4:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA something, Luftwaffe SEN, CX Gold, Pilsbury Doughboy Fanclub, and lots of Amex cards
Thanks ^
Old Dec 14, 2009, 10:43 pm

Programs: SkyMiles
Originally Posted by linenbasket

Can anyone tell me if a Virgin flexible ticket JFK-LHR (in prem economy-J is $6100 one way so a little too much) are fully refundable tickets? Or is there a penalty/charge?
The fare rules arent too clear and I cant find any further reference on the site.

Thanks in advance
For Prem Econ - W is 100% refundable. S is a little less than that, but I'm not sure about the exact amount.
Old Dec 16, 2009, 2:51 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TG Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Plat
Why dont we call this the BA strike insurance ticket fare.
Old Dec 17, 2009, 12:41 am

Programs: VS Au, Skywards Au, BA Exec Ag, HH Diamond, Taj Au
Originally Posted by linenbasket

At that price, and since you say 'J' this sounds like a one way Upper Class fare: a one way W - which is the fully flexible and refundable PE fare would be $3 to $3.5k.

Either way, a W in PE or a J in UC are fully refundable.
Old Dec 17, 2009, 3:31 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Tamsin - what else is there to say?
linenbasket was saying that the UC/J one way fare at $6100 was too expensive, so hence looking at PE.
Old Dec 17, 2009, 4:01 am

Programs: VS Au, Skywards Au, BA Exec Ag, HH Diamond, Taj Au
Originally Posted by Jenbel
linenbasket was saying that the UC/J one way fare at $6100 was too expensive, so hence looking at PE.
Ahh, thanks, my misread
Old Dec 17, 2009, 9:11 am

So as strike insurance I bought a fully flexible round trip for my wife and I to SFO. The cost for 2 PE tickets was a lovely $9000! Yeah, it was that important we get home for my parent's 50th wedding anniversary. Now BA is going to fly and my refundable tickets with business upgrade on miles will be the way to go.

Should I be in any hurry to tell Virgin that I want to cancel the tickets?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.