Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Virgin America | Elevate pre 2018
Reload this Page >

LAX T3 Plans for VX laid out at crankyflier.com

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LAX T3 Plans for VX laid out at crankyflier.com

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2008, 6:34 pm

Programs: QF PS, NZ Silver
Any idea when the VX Lounge will open at LAX T3?
Old Dec 11, 2008, 12:14 am

Wow! I can't wait to stop by T3 and check it out. I always thought T3 would look awesome if cleaned up. I'm glad VX moved in there.
Old Dec 11, 2008, 12:21 am

Programs: Star Alliance, One World, Skyteam, BR, GA, EK, VX, SPG, Marriott, Hyatt, Hilton, IC
Going to see it 1st hand tomorrow.. Really convenient location.. So close to the TBIT.. So I don't have to walk/ride the bus far to get to/from TBIT..
Old Dec 11, 2008, 11:24 am

Just a couple of comments and corrections here. I was there yesterday and interviewed David Cush as well as Len Sloper, Virgin America's facilities guy.

*There are no plans for a Virgin America lounge at this point. V Australia will work with AS to upgrade the Board Room and will use that for its premium passengers for now.

*There are no plans to connect T2 and T3 behind security, but there is a plan to connect TBIT with T3 behind security in the new TBIT project. Maybe that would see VS move over to TBIT? Not sure about that one.

*V Australia will be able to operate out of 34 or 38 but both will require blocking another gate. They will use 34 as their first choice. 39 is closed right now until they get that construction done - it'll be next year sometime.
Old Dec 11, 2008, 2:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Thanks for correcting that- it appears I was given bogus information.
Old Dec 11, 2008, 4:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by pgtravel
Just a couple of comments and corrections here. I was there yesterday and interviewed David Cush as well as Len Sloper, Virgin America's facilities guy.

*There are no plans for a Virgin America lounge at this point. V Australia will work with AS to upgrade the Board Room and will use that for its premium passengers for now.
Thanks for your information about VX. I didn't says something about more capacity growth in 2009. What about next announcement more expandable new routes from SFO-PHL/JAX/FLL/MIA/ATL/AUS and etc. I knows short haul will decide to begin nonstop from SFO-PHX/PDX/RNO/SLC. I will appreciate it for your meeting with CEO David. I think this is real opportunity that was very nice meet him for first time.

I will definitely that I am looking forward to see more fleet is coming. I don't really think VX want service to Hawaii. Because it was overwater restrictions by ETOPS.
Old Dec 14, 2008, 5:43 am

The construction outside 39 is not related to anything specific to the gate itself.
Old Mar 7, 2009, 2:45 pm

Wasn't sure if this merited it's own thread, so I bumped this old one.

Flying on red-eye out of T3 in a week or so. My goal would be to sleep most of the flight, so I was wondering, is there anywhere decent to eat in Terminal 3 prior to my flight? I heard that horrid sports bar closed, and was replaced by Gladstones. I've certainly been to Gladstones in Malibu before. Is the T3 one open yet and has anyone been there? If so, how is the food? Otherwise I guess it's just BK and Starbucks.

Last edited by sltlyamusd; Mar 7, 2009 at 8:34 pm
Old Mar 8, 2009, 11:52 am

Originally Posted by sltlyamusd
Flying on red-eye out of T3 in a week or so. My goal would be to sleep most of the flight, so I was wondering, is there anywhere decent to eat in Terminal 3 prior to my flight? I heard that horrid sports bar closed, and was replaced by Gladstones. I've certainly been to Gladstones in Malibu before. Is the T3 one open yet and has anyone been there? If so, how is the food? Otherwise I guess it's just BK and Starbucks.
Yes, Gladstone's is now open. From the first review on Yelp, it doesn't look too bad to me except for the price.

You can always run next door to TBIT for the Daily Grill or I think there's still a sushi place or something like that. If you have a lot of time to kill, they also have the reLAX lounge at TBIT where you can hang out and relax.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.