Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Virgin America | Elevate pre 2018
Reload this Page >

LAX T3 Plans for VX laid out at crankyflier.com

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LAX T3 Plans for VX laid out at crankyflier.com

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2008, 5:51 am

Programs: VX, UA 2P
Not sure if this is new, but it looks like there is a press release on their website titled: "LAX: Changing to Terminal 3 December 3, 2008".

But I can't get to it (cases a Javascript error in Firefox 3 on Ubuntu Linux). Following the newsMoreAction.do URI referenced in the link works, but does not have the press release... nothing mentioned under "About Us" -> "Press Releases" either. Maybe I've caught them in the middle of an update
Old Nov 12, 2008, 9:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by NickP 1K
What volume at T3, five airlines have been moved out to accomodate VX. (AirTran and Frontier are already out, Spirit and Sun Country will either stop service to LAX or move to T6, Midwest will move out also.) This mainly leaves AS/Alaska and VX as the main tenants. VX has been remodeling their check in area and the lounge they will use.

Short of LAX demolishing all the terminals you got to take what you can get....
It has been a while since I flew AS at T3 but I remember it as being just ridiculously crowded in addition to being tattered and dirty. The Board Room isn't bad if you can access it but T3 is just a pit. Glad to hear some airlines have moved out, but AS seems to be the airline with the most flights.
Old Nov 12, 2008, 12:44 pm

Originally Posted by rjque
It has been a while since I flew AS at T3 but I remember it as being just ridiculously crowded in addition to being tattered and dirty. The Board Room isn't bad if you can access it but T3 is just a pit. Glad to hear some airlines have moved out, but AS seems to be the airline with the most flights.
I've heard it will be really nice with the renovations VX is paying for and designing. We'll see...
Old Nov 12, 2008, 1:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by aviators99
I've heard it will be really nice with the renovations VX is paying for and designing. We'll see...
Indeed. I suppose not everything can be as nice as the VX gate area at SFO.
Old Nov 12, 2008, 1:48 pm

The VX gate area at SFO is not customized for VX. It is just common use gates. They have only added a couple of red carpets and a few signs. It should be nicer than that.
Old Nov 12, 2008, 2:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by aviators99
The VX gate area at SFO is not customized for VX. It is just common use gates. They have only added a couple of red carpets and a few signs. It should be nicer than that.
I mean the international terminal itself, which I find to be one of the best places in the US to wait for a flight.
Old Nov 23, 2008, 2:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Crankyflier has a T3 update on his page today.
Old Nov 25, 2008, 8:40 pm

I was by T3 today - ticketing is looking really good. They're on the west side of the terminal ticketing hall, with VAustralia closest to TBIT. The renovation looks great. Another plus for VX pax: being all the way over towards Bradley means more curb space for unloading.

Ironically, 30 seconds after leaving the terminal, I got an email from VX announcing the Dec 3 move.

(Note: although ticketing is on the west side of the building, the actual gates are on the east side.)

Last edited by articos; Dec 3, 2008 at 1:13 am
Old Dec 3, 2008, 12:19 am

Yes I know I am a bit early (well, it is the 3rd here already )!

Anyone heading through there today? Thoughts?
Old Dec 3, 2008, 1:08 am

Originally Posted by _kab_
Yes I know I am a bit early (well, it is the 3rd here already )!

Anyone heading through there today? Thoughts?
It's a nice looking renovation- lots of white, chrome, and glowing purple. Custom podiums and signage, and widescreen displays with new ceilings in ticketing. They also did a nice job of trying to make use of the existing (and cleaned up) interiors/architecture. A couple photos were posted by Brett/CrankyFlyer a couple weeks back:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/crankyf...7609636932179/
Old Dec 3, 2008, 1:20 am

Programs: VX, UA 2P
Originally Posted by articos
It's a nice looking renovation- lots of white, chrome, and glowing purple. Custom podiums and signage, and widescreen displays with new ceilings in ticketing. They also did a nice job of trying to make use of the existing (and cleaned up) interiors/architecture. A couple photos were posted by Brett/CrankyFlyer a couple weeks back:

It feels really good to see that V Australia logo in LAX. If VA are anything like VX (and the legroom is good), UA are going to be getting a lot less business from me in the future.

Looks like connecting to a VX flight should be relatively painless.
Old Dec 3, 2008, 2:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
I'm doing SEA-LAX this weekend, so I will give a report. Perhaps I will even buttonhole an employee about the location of the alleged lounge.
Old Dec 3, 2008, 2:30 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Kimpton Inner Circle
I took my virgin VX flight yesterday (LAX-SEA) out of T6 and will presumably arrive at T3 this evening. I look forward to checking it out.

My LAX-SEA seat was main cabin select and I'll be in the back on SEA-LAX so I'm getting a chance to try out all sorts of new things! First class certainly did look comfy!
Old Dec 3, 2008, 3:02 pm

Originally Posted by blue_dolphin
I took my virgin VX flight yesterday (LAX-SEA) out of T6 and will presumably arrive at T3 this evening. I look forward to checking it out.

My LAX-SEA seat was main cabin select and I'll be in the back on SEA-LAX so I'm getting a chance to try out all sorts of new things! First class certainly did look comfy!
Please give a full trip report!
Old Dec 3, 2008, 9:52 pm

Originally Posted by articos

Thanks for the pics. Looks very nice

Originally Posted by nermaljcat
It feels really good to see that V Australia logo in LAX. If VA are anything like VX (and the legroom is good), UA are going to be getting a lot less business from me in the future.

Looks like connecting to a VX flight should be relatively painless.
I hope they're ready to go come February as I am due to fly with them. Still no word on what's happening. Waiting...waiting....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.