Community
Wiki Posts
Search

WIFI Fleetwide on Virgin America in 2008!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2007, 2:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta SkyMiles Gold, Hilton HHonors Diamond, and Royal Caribbean Pinnacle Club
WIFI Fleetwide on Virgin America in 2008!

http://www.jaunted.com/story/2007/9/...d+WiFi+by+2008

"Virgin America will offer broadband internet service on its entire fleet starting sometime next year, the airline announced today. Passengers will be able to connect to the 'net either through the in-flight entertainment system or wirelessly through their personal devices. Among the online offerings: chatting on MSN, AIM, Yahoo and Google Talk--and Skype."

AWESOME NEWS! A great airline just got better. ^
Old Sep 14, 2007, 6:05 am
In Memoriam

Programs: CO Gold, DL Gold, AA, AS, VX, Hilton Diamond, Marriot, Hertz #1 Gold, Avis Preferred
Thumbs up Good News

Flying Virgin America just keeps getting better and better.
Old Sep 14, 2007, 6:10 am

It is becoming painfully obvious why US based carriers have tried so hard to keep Virgin out. Once US customers get a taste of decent service, they will leave the legacy carriers in droves. Thank goodness. I miss the days when Delta was a full service airline. Maybe they will now be forced to provide full service.
Old Sep 19, 2007, 11:02 am

Programs: Mileage Plus, Skymiles, EleVAte founding member, SPG
Originally Posted by SFO-SJC Flyer
Flying Virgin America just keeps getting better and better.
Overall I liked my VA experience on my last trip, but geez, my entertainment console had to reboot constantly! I guess it's not surprising. The error messages just before freezing looked like Windows.
Old Sep 19, 2007, 5:25 pm

Programs: F9, UA, AA, CO, FL, DL
Originally Posted by Kibison
It is becoming painfully obvious why US based carriers have tried so hard to keep Virgin out. Once US customers get a taste of decent service, they will leave the legacy carriers in droves. Thank goodness. I miss the days when Delta was a full service airline. Maybe they will now be forced to provide full service.
Agreed. Even though some of the features of VA are more whimsical than practical, things like on board internet access are bound to attract the business person who works 50% of the time on a plane. I won't, however, support any airline that ever comes up with in-flight cell phone calls. I hope the Skype functionality is just limited to IM and not voice.
Old Sep 19, 2007, 6:27 pm

Programs: Credit Cards
how much will they charge for it?
Old Sep 22, 2007, 3:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta SkyMiles Gold, Hilton HHonors Diamond, and Royal Caribbean Pinnacle Club
Originally Posted by JerseyVics
how much will they charge for it?
From what I read, it seems that there will be several "level of services" ranging from free to paid service.
Old Sep 22, 2007, 6:37 pm

Programs: AA EXP 5 Mil, UA Global Services, BA Gold, DL Diamond, SPG Plat75, Hilton Diamond
Google talk and Skype does seem to suggest headset based phone calls and not just chat. We'll have to wait and see.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.