Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Virgin America eleVAte!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2007, 10:29 pm

Let's hope they expand to BOS to encourage some competition around here. I'd guess they'll stay out of any type of alliance as well ala WN, B6, F9, YX, etc.
Old Aug 7, 2007, 11:50 pm

Programs: eleVAte (Virgin America)
Originally Posted by Lurker1999
Since it's now the evening of 8/7 and their website has not changed will the flights on 8/8 actually happen? JFK-SFO appears to be entirely sold out for 8/8 or at least you can't buy any more tickets for it. That's a lot of unhappy people, especially if they're not just flying it for the novelty factor.
As of 1pm Pacific Time today, all the DOT stuff is over & done with. The disclaimer on the website is no longer posted.
Old Aug 7, 2007, 11:53 pm

Programs: eleVAte (Virgin America)
Originally Posted by gooseman13
Just to reiterate, DOT final order came this afternoon. VX is now a fully certified Part 121 air carrier.

Inaugural flights out of JFK and LAX were never on sale. These were reserved for employees, VIPs, media, as well as a couple seats auctioned off with the proceeds going to charity. Two tickets JFK-SFO roundtrip, one night hotel, and two tickets to tomorrow nights launch party in SF went for about $5000 on Ebay.
$5,400 actually. And believe me, there are NO employees on tomorrow's first flights (except the CEO).
Old Aug 8, 2007, 12:09 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver, Hilton Gold, Hertz Pres Circle
I would say between 5 and 10 employees were on the flight.
Old Aug 8, 2007, 1:20 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Marriott
I've got to cancel my flight today, unfortunately. Looks like they are starting off like a legacy carrier: estimated hold time is 14 minutes!
Old Aug 8, 2007, 1:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by Wireless
I've got to cancel my flight today, unfortunately. Looks like they are starting off like a legacy carrier: estimated hold time is 14 minutes!
Because the agents are at home, in their underwear, and Springer has a very important guest on
Old Aug 8, 2007, 1:46 pm

Programs: UA, AA, WN; HH, MR, IHG
Originally Posted by Absinthe
And believe me, there are NO employees on tomorrow's first flights (except the CEO).
Then who's flying the plane and serving the pax?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.