Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is the "live" Dish Network news feed gone?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2018, 9:41 pm

I am not surprised by the eventual deactivation of Live TV but they deactivated before the transition at April 24 was a bit surprising. I guess their contract might be up for renewal on March 1st. Alaska Airlines and Virgin America should have reminded passengers weeks before.

Carfield
Old Mar 22, 2018, 10:18 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by Carfield
I am not surprised by the eventual deactivation of Live TV but they deactivated before the transition at April 24 was a bit surprising. I guess their contract might be up for renewal on March 1st. Alaska Airlines and Virgin America should have reminded passengers weeks before.
FTFY. There are no more Virgin America people around running the show anymore, especially on the communications team. I'm not surprised they tried to keep this quiet, given that it's a pretty significant downgrade to the onboard experience. Still sucks though, and I'm glad I don't have a transcon flight scheduled anytime soon...and when I do, fingers crossed it's on a Viasat-equipped bird.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 1:35 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Starwood Gold
Was there no blog post/news article/press release/tweet/blogger pile-on about this? I've taken two flights in the last week without this, and it's hugely disappointing. I may complain, I guess.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 4:18 am

Yep. IAD-LAX late last week. No live TV, and no music playlist. Alaska blankets and pillows. Still had the VX amenity kit. Food included the smoothie and, of course, the hummus.

Of course, the big white leather seats were still there and comfortable.

Word is that they will change the legacy Alaska SEA-IAD-SEA equipment from Boeing to Airbus, so that all flights into and out of IAD will be Airbus for the time being.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.