Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Virgin America | Elevate pre 2018
Reload this Page >

Alaska: You are on MCS waitlist. Virgin: Nope

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2018, 12:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska Tanzanite 100K

One very frustrating part of this merger is the Opt in for Main Cabin Select for elites. The system is broken (guess I should have expected it since even our own waitlist bot is broken). Despite a 40 minute call to Alaska MVP desk, I was never put on the list. This was after noticing the Opt in link was not "sticking" online. It kept reappearing after I would get out and back into the reservation.

Do *NOT* trust Alaska res agents! Please ask them to verify with VX it has been done. We only have 2 weeks left of VX, so its even more crucial we get some lasting opportunities to try VX.

Its one thing to have a broken system, its another for travelers to waste significant time trying to work with them.
jjmadison likes this.
Old Apr 9, 2018, 12:51 pm

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
I agree, it's a hot mess right now.

I've found waiting until T-24 to opt in BEFORE checking in gives me the highest success rate when attempting online.

However, I recommend connecting with an actual VX agent for maximum success.
Old Apr 9, 2018, 1:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska Tanzanite 100K
Alaska isn't doing that anymore. Apparently Virgin used a contract res company and they are done, so all they have are "support" agents now, and we can't talk to them.
Old Apr 9, 2018, 3:06 pm

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by UAPremierExec
Alaska isn't doing that anymore. Apparently Virgin used a contract res company and they are done, so all they have are "support" agents now, and we can't talk to them.
Try calling the VX gold line from a number other than the one tied to your account. It should still push you through to an actual VX agent.

Unless something changed in the last week it should work.

VX customer service reps were offered the chance to move to the AS call center locations. Some did, most didn't. Per a convo I had with one, there's only about 20 VX-specific agents left.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 10:56 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, United Serf, Delta Gold
How about VX Twitter? That was a good route previously.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 10:44 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold75k, WN A-List, AA, FI, DY, UA, Marriott Lifetime Silver, Hilton Diamond, Amtrak
I've experienced the OP's situation several times on Virgin over the last six months. I've spent tons of time worthlessly talking to Alaska agents who assure me over and over I'm on an upgrade list, but it's all fake. The OP is lucky something even appears in his virgin account online for upgrades, because even though my Alaska and Virgin accounts have been tied together since the very early beginnings of the merger, I have never been able to get anything on the crummy Virgin website account to appear suggesting I can upgrade. Copious people have told me on this forum I'm just not doing it correctly, but I'm quite sure that their system is just jacked up and doesn't work properly - some accounts have online access, some don't. Usually, when I get to the gate, I just tell the Virgin employee my plight and they upgrade me there instantly if space is available in MCS. One time, an agent felt so sorry for me (and there was no more MCS) that they just put me in First class - which was awesome! Another agent HAND WROTE my boarding pass out on a blank boarding card in order to move me into MCS. It is what it is, and I can't wait for the upgrade mess to hopefully end at the end of this month.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.