Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best First Class Seat Choice

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2015, 2:34 pm
Original Poster

Best First Class Seat Choice

Hi there - I scowered the forum looking for reccomendations, but couldn't find any comments at to the best seat choice in F. I'm on Flt 182, SFO->EWR Red Eye, A320 (V1). Prefer a window and currently in 1F. Not sure if 1st or 2nd row are preferable or if there are space differences. Worried it may be difficult to get out of the window seat in either row if my seatmate is asleep. Any thoughts, comments, help would be appreciated. Thank you!
Old Oct 21, 2015, 3:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott BonVoy Titanium Elite, Marriott LT Plat.
Your worry is why I always select the aisle seat. But being in row 1 you should have any problems crossing over your neighbor. You should enough room stepping over the extended leg rest area.
Old Oct 22, 2015, 12:03 pm

Programs: VX Gold/WN Companion
Having done both rows and both positions, I prefer row 2 window. I am usually am die hard aisle guy, but in F I like having the window to lean on. Usually getting out is pretty easy

The seat back access to storage is better in row 2 than 1 in my opinion and 2 feels more private to me. Row 1 feels more out in the open for some reason.

Now if you concern is being trapped on a red eye, I would go with row 1. If your are in 2 and your aisle seat mate is fully reclined and the passenger in row 1 is fully reclined, it can be tough to get out over the aisle seat without disturbing the person next to you. In row 1, escape would be easier.

For a red eye...row 1 window is where I would probably go.
Old Oct 23, 2015, 3:16 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AS MVP, Bonvoy Plat, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Disc
I always take 2D. I have no good explanation for why I prefer right of the aisle to left of the aisle, but I definitely prefer aisle to window (and have to say that if someone is fully reclined, it actually is a little bit of work to get over the aisle seat if you're in the window seat). And I definitely prefer row 2 to row 1. In addition to being further from the galley, the backseat storage is far better than that hard plastic shelf thing you're stuck with in 1. In particular, the backseat storage will hold a laptop and the row 1 storage won't (comfortably).

Last edited by shza; Oct 23, 2015 at 3:50 pm
Old Oct 24, 2015, 7:43 pm

I've never had an issue stepping over the aisle seat person's legs in 1A/1F. Even though there's tons of pitch, I still like row 1 better, since I prefer not having seats in front of me reclining into my space.
Old Oct 25, 2015, 2:26 pm

Programs: MR AMB/LT, AA EP, TK EP, DL D, B6 M4, F9 100K, IHG AMB/D, HH D, CZR D, FndCd, Sixt D, NTL E, Hz PC
I like 1A/1F -- if you tuck a thin bag (laptop sleeve, etc.) along the outside of the seat, you avoid the "no bags, no storage space" problem.
Old Oct 30, 2015, 11:37 am

Programs: DL GM
I would agree with the posters who said its easier to get out of the window seat in row 1. Both rows have lots of space, but when there's no one in front of you, its easier to get over the aisle person's feet.

I like 1A if I only want to have a few small things with me (Kindle, headphones, etc.). If I need underseat storage for something or I don't plan to get up much, I pick 2A.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.