Search

Next VX new city?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2015, 9:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Next VX new city?

Where they will be next new city? How about PHX, DEN, RNO, SLC, TPA, ATL, HOU or IAH?

Let the speculation begin
Old Oct 12, 2015, 2:10 am

Programs: UA 1K, AS MVP, Bonvoy Plat, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Disc
Originally Posted by N830MH
Where they will be next new city? How about PHX, DEN, RNO, SLC, TPA, ATL, HOU or IAH?

Let the speculation begin
Please DEN!
Old Oct 12, 2015, 9:25 am

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott BonVoy Titanium Elite, Marriott LT Plat.
I'd personally like to see PHL return to the schedule.
Old Oct 12, 2015, 12:43 pm

Programs: BART Platinum, AA Plat Pro
PLEASE make it HOU/IAH. It is beyond painful to continue flying United simply because I'm based in SF and have family in Houston. UA often charges a huge premium for its nonstop SFO-IAH service, so I don't understand why VX doesn't step in and take some of that margin, while also providing a vastly superior service. I would switch to them so quickly it's not even funny. I literally do a search for "Virgin America Houston" every couple months in Google News just to see whether there's even a rumor of them starting that service.
Old Oct 12, 2015, 5:48 pm

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
My wife just paid $700 for a Southwest ticket OAK-HOU two weeks out...was even more expensive on UA. VX could make good money while adding competition to this route.
Old Oct 12, 2015, 5:51 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Plat
Back to YYZ?

I can hope, can't I
Old Oct 12, 2015, 6:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by JamilD
Back to YYZ?

I can hope, can't I
No, they won't be back. Because of this, they tried to completing against AA & AC. That is why they pull out of YYZ completely.
Old Oct 13, 2015, 12:58 am
Suspended

Programs: VX Gold
Their next city will be ABQ.
Old Oct 13, 2015, 9:57 am

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards (SE), Virgin America Elevate, Hyatt Gold Passport (Platinum), VIA Preference
I'd like to see some more links between existing cities (e.g. ORD-DAL, ORD-DCA/IAD, etc.). As far as new cities go...I'd like to see PHL as well. YUL would be high on my list, too (save me from the Adirondack, please!).
Old Oct 13, 2015, 2:38 pm

Programs: B6/Mosaic/AF/VX/AS Gold Hertz PC HH Dia. AMEX Plat SPG/Marr Gold Nat. EE FPC Plat
Not to bust anyone's bubble, but until there are quite a few more planes, my guess is we will see additional capacity on routes with high load factors. SFO-BOS being one of them.
Old Oct 14, 2015, 1:38 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AS MVP, Bonvoy Plat, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Disc
Originally Posted by GrayAnderson
I'd like to see some more links between existing cities (e.g. ORD-DAL, ORD-DCA/IAD, etc.). As far as new cities go...I'd like to see PHL as well. YUL would be high on my list, too (save me from the Adirondack, please!).
The lack of routes between ORD and JFK or EWR is most surprising to me. Not a route I've ever had to fly before but I have to do it later this month, and will have to fly United for my ORD to NY leg (at least the domestic F ticket is only $200), sticking with VX for the flight to ORD and from NY back to SFO.

I'm sure ptown is right about the unlikelihood of new routes though.
Old Oct 15, 2015, 8:10 pm

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards (SE), Virgin America Elevate, Hyatt Gold Passport (Platinum), VIA Preference
Yeah, I know. And of course, thanks to the conditions regarding the repeal of the Wrong Amendment DAL doesn't have enough gates to actually let anyone else make a real showing at DAL versus WX (really I think an airline probably needs 4-5 gates to make DAL work well in opposition to WX).
Old Oct 16, 2015, 7:45 pm

I'd like to see more direct routes added between SFO and FLL instead of one per day (often red eye) or at least an MIA option.
Old Oct 19, 2015, 3:41 pm

One more that would be a real game changer for me would be direct routes between SFO and SNA... not that I want to spend any amount of time in Orange County, but my in-laws are down there and I'm not wasting 25K miles to fly a short haul in-state with UA. We generally end up paying for cheap flights in the $200 range, which just adds insult to injury because I hate visiting the in-laws almost as much as I hate flying to Orange! Not only do we use up valuable vacation time but I end up paying for flights when I could be flying with VX on Elevate points which would lessen the blow and make these trips more bearable.

(jk if my wife reads this!)
Old Oct 19, 2015, 4:37 pm
Suspended

Programs: VX Gold
Originally Posted by OliverB
One more that would be a real game changer for me would be direct routes between SFO and SNA... not that I want to spend any amount of time in Orange County, but my in-laws are down there and I'm not wasting 25K miles to fly a short haul in-state with UA. We generally end up paying for cheap flights in the $200 range, which just adds insult to injury because I hate visiting the in-laws almost as much as I hate flying to Orange! Not only do we use up valuable vacation time but I end up paying for flights when I could be flying with VX on Elevate points which would lessen the blow and make these trips more bearable.

(jk if my wife reads this!)
They tried SFO-SNA back in 2009/2010 and dropped it after a year.

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/s...n-airport.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.