Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Feel the Earn is back

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2015, 6:51 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott BonVoy Titanium Elite, Marriott LT Plat.
Is there a link to this promo still? I recall seeing it and registering as I knew I had a couple VX flights on the horizon. Now I actually want to read it (again), but pay closer attention to the info.

Searched VX website for promo stuff but cam up empty.

Thanks
Old Nov 7, 2015, 9:20 am

Looking for thoughts/comments: I'm 15,000 points away for Gold again (didn't travel as much this year) and thinking about spending $1,500 for a flight to retain Gold status. I travel in the west region and flights are under 2.5 hours. I usually get upgraded to MCS and like the free snacks. Is getting Gold worth the extra hard earn dollars? Would you do it? Not sure how to calculate the value.
Thanks n
Old Nov 7, 2015, 9:22 am

Originally Posted by Zacnlinc
Is there a link to this promo still? I recall seeing it and registering as I knew I had a couple VX flights on the horizon. Now I actually want to read it (again), but pay closer attention to the info.

Searched VX website for promo stuff but cam up empty.

Thanks
https://www.virginamerica.com/cms/pr...evate-campaign
Old Nov 7, 2015, 1:30 pm

Thanks Anteater!!! Much appreciate you posting the Feel the Burn link.....

As for as you inquiry spending $ to retain Gold, go for it... But staying on the west cost for the travels will take some planning I'm sure... I'm planning to move a trip up to beat the Nov-19th deadline. In the home stretch for Gold myself. Off to Orlando on Sunday and Boston by the end of the week.
Old Nov 14, 2015, 12:14 pm

Anyone else cashing in on this promo to retain Elevate status?

I had to change trip around completely once I started asking client about their flexibility. I ended up going to Portland last week and not Boston. Tomorrow I'm off to Ft. Lauderdale as Orlando is off as well. Will be picking Boston up next week and I'm holding off with Orlando until after Thanksgiving.
Old Nov 14, 2015, 5:13 pm
Suspended

Programs: VX Gold
Originally Posted by Zacnlinc
Anyone else cashing in on this promo to retain Elevate status?

I had to change trip around completely once I started asking client about their flexibility. I ended up going to Portland last week and not Boston. Tomorrow I'm off to Ft. Lauderdale as Orlando is off as well. Will be picking Boston up next week and I'm holding off with Orlando until after Thanksgiving.
Yes, I certainly am. I've rescheduled numerous business trips around this promo, moving trips that entail high-dollar flights to fall within the promo period and moving trips that entail low spend to anytime after Nov 19. Insofar as I can without pissing off coworkers and clients
Old Nov 17, 2015, 2:55 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist -> AA Executive Platinum, BAEC Gold, Spirit Lifetime Somebody
Has anyone received their points for this promo yet? I only received 1x (no double credit) for my SFO-HNL inaugural and return...
Old Nov 18, 2015, 10:34 am

Programs: UA 1K, AS MVP, Bonvoy Plat, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Disc
Originally Posted by hypertext
Has anyone received their points for this promo yet? I only received 1x (no double credit) for my SFO-HNL inaugural and return...
Mine have been posting simultaneously with my normal flight points and gold bonuses (i.e., three of the big dots with X points each show up 3-4 days after the flight).
Old Nov 24, 2015, 6:35 pm

Originally Posted by anteater
Looking for thoughts/comments: I'm 15,000 points away for Gold again (didn't travel as much this year) and thinking about spending $1,500 for a flight to retain Gold status.
Wouldn't you have to spend $3k?
Old Nov 24, 2015, 10:13 pm

Originally Posted by acitrano
Wouldn't you have to spend $3k?
Gold members get 5 points for each dollar and during the promotion the math works out. Too bad the promotion is over.
Old Nov 25, 2015, 10:34 am

Originally Posted by anteater
Gold members get 5 points for each dollar and during the promotion the math works out. Too bad the promotion is over.
Everyone gets 5 status points per dollar spent.

But I understand now - you meant during the promo, because we would get 5 bonus status points for a total of 10 per dollar.

I too am hoping for an end of year status promotion. I'm close to gold (have been gold the last few years) but might not make it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.