Wiki Posts
Search

How to avoid Boarding Group D/E?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2014, 4:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta
How to avoid Boarding Group D/E?

When booking MC, does anyone know how seats get assigned to boarding groups? I've been on some recent flights where being in boarding group D or E can determine whether or not I wind up gate-checking my bag (I have a flight tonight where I've been stuck in E, which has me nervous).

I know First Class, MCS, etc get boarded first, and I can pay $20 for MCE if I thought it worthwhile, but I'd like to be among the first MC folks to board if there's a secret to it...
Old Jan 22, 2014, 7:02 pm

Programs: Virgin America Elevate Gold
If you want to be right after MCS/Elites, then you have to pony up for MCE. That automatically gets you in group A. I thought after that the farther back in the plane you sit the farther down the group ladder you are. Can someone confirm or correct that?
Old Jan 22, 2014, 9:16 pm

Back of the plane

After the "special" seats, they start boarding the back of the plane first. So pick a seat towards the back to avoid D and E.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.