Community
Wiki Posts
Search

vx visa signature is dead?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2013, 2:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP (owe), BA Silver (ows), AB Silver (owr), WN A+/CP, IHG Spire AMB, Avis First
vx visa signature is dead?

I was looking for the signup link for the Virgin America Visa Signature, since I need it to extend my status match to the end of the year, but it seems that all the links are dead. I don't care about the offer, I just need the card. Did they stop offering this card? Does anyone have a link?

This was the old link:
https://www.barclaycardus.com/apply/...rid=MAILBANNER
Old Jun 8, 2013, 8:49 am

It seems they will be starting with a new credit card company soon.
Old Jun 8, 2013, 10:16 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by cringle
It seems they will be starting with a new credit card company soon.
Do you have a source? I would love if they would leave Barclays.

Edit: Looks to be gone from their website....interesting....

Last edited by PainCorp; Jun 8, 2013 at 10:24 pm
Old Jun 8, 2013, 10:33 pm

Guess that means new sign up bonuses in our future? =)
Old Jun 8, 2013, 10:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by PainCorp
Do you have a source? I would love if they would leave Barclays.

Edit: Looks to be gone from their website....interesting....
It is gone from the VX website and gone from the Barclay's list of amenity cards.
Old Jun 8, 2013, 10:51 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by DBCme
Guess that means new sign up bonuses in our future? =)
Good and bad, I was working towards the status points...

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
It is gone from the VX website and gone from the Barclay's list of amenity cards.
Yeah, but I see nothing anywhere about it switching providers.
Old Jun 9, 2013, 12:23 am

Another Chase card coming?
Old Jun 9, 2013, 12:51 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by LarkSFO
Another Chase card coming?
I've been trying to find something to give us a hint, but I don't see anything so far...

I kind of hope it's Chase, as I think they are the only ones that can provide the level of service that Virgin America strives for. Granted they would need to give it the service level of the CSP in order to hit what I would like to see.

On the other hand I would prefer to have it on Barclays, Citi or Amex so it's churnable, granted I am planning on keeping the VX card long term, so it's not a really big issue.
Old Jun 9, 2013, 11:17 pm

Programs: VX Silver
Interesting, I just got the Barclay's card a few days ago also to extend status through next year.

Hopefully a new card will mean new bonuses.
Old Jun 10, 2013, 6:58 am
wcj

I know the feelings on bloggers, but you can find an active link for this card on one of the better mainstream bloggers IMHO if you are working on learning routings. The app still loads but I did NOT try it as I do not have a use for this card so I cannot advise whether once completed it will submit.
Old Jun 10, 2013, 8:08 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by wcj
I know the feelings on bloggers, but you can find an active link for this card on one of the better mainstream bloggers IMHO if you are working on learning routings. The app still loads but I did NOT try it as I do not have a use for this card so I cannot advise whether once completed it will submit.
Weird, since I tried one from one that claims to have made a million miles, and has secrets, but it doesn't work, and I just got this message from Barclays:

We apologize for the inconvenience; however, Barclaycard has stopped accepting new credit card applications for the Virgin America Visa Signature Credit Card on June 5, 2013. This has no effect on our existing card members; we are business as usual in all other aspects for existing card members and are simply no longer offering the Virgin America Visa product to new applicants.
Old Jun 12, 2013, 4:48 pm

Programs: UA G
Pleeease don't be Chase.
Old Jun 13, 2013, 9:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP (owe), BA Silver (ows), AB Silver (owr), WN A+/CP, IHG Spire AMB, Avis First
Got this.

Currently, Virgin America is in the midst of contracting with a new credit card company to provide services for our Visa cardholders. I'm sorry that the credit card option, which would normally reduce the number of eligible status points required to be earned during the match period, is not currently available.

That's annoying. Now I have to figure out whether I want to burn money on 4,950 status points by 6/30 or not.
Old Jun 14, 2013, 7:46 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by unavaca
Pleeease don't be Chase.
I'm torn, I want Chase for the ease of manufacturing spend, but I want Amex for the customer support and churnability. I would definitely be happy trading off churnability for the benefits of using an Amex card again, depending on the benefits.
Old Jun 14, 2013, 11:08 am

Programs: Virgin America Elevate Gold
Wow. Any theories on why their partnership ended?

Also, what does this mean for current VX card holders?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.