Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TSA Pre-check question

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2013, 4:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL MM/Silver; UA 1K ; Hilton Gold; Marriott Titanium; Avis Pref+,Hertz PC
TSA Pre-check question

I will be flying Virgin America in a couple weeks to LA. I don't have status with them and I wonder if I will be selected for Pre-check when I don't have any elite membership account linked to the reservation.

On one hand, my folks who don't travel often recently were both selected for TSA Pre check while flying without status on AA to/from DFW. The last time they flew was on a J award ticket on NH to Japan.
Old Dec 28, 2013, 4:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DFWFairy
I will be flying Virgin America in a couple weeks to LA. I don't have status with them and I wonder if I will be selected for Pre-check when I don't have any elite membership account linked to the reservation.

On one hand, my folks who don't travel often recently were both selected for TSA Pre check while flying without status on AA to/from DFW. The last time they flew was on a J award ticket on NH to Japan.
This might be better asked in the Virgin America forum.
Old Dec 28, 2013, 5:00 pm
uwr

Programs: AS MVP Gold75K
If you have Global Entry, you can be selected for Pre-check if you put your known traveler number into the reservation.
Old Dec 28, 2013, 5:06 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Or logging into virgins system and entering it there also
Old Dec 29, 2013, 2:00 am

Tsa pre check

From my understanding you don't have to have a status with VX or any airline to be apart of TSA pre check.. If you applied on tsa website and approved you can your number to your res by calling. VX invited certain members to join tsa ore check but it's open to everyone either way

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.