Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flying First class soon...food movies?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2014, 3:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yeah, I love VX F. Great service, wide, comfortable seats, and reasonable fares.
Old Dec 15, 2014, 4:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
I'll be flying an Eastbound redeye from SFO-IAD later this month. Would there be any kind of meal/snack offered on this flight either just after departure or pre-arrival?
Old Dec 16, 2014, 5:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Virgin America Elevate Gold
Originally Posted by cmd320
I'll be flying an Eastbound redeye from SFO-IAD later this month. Would there be any kind of meal/snack offered on this flight either just after departure or pre-arrival?

flew a red eye from LAX-EWR last month and we were offered our pre flight drink and nothing after that unless you asked for a snack, drink etc. everyone pretty much passed out. I don't think they offer the full meal on red eyes
Old Dec 17, 2014, 9:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BAR423
flew a red eye from LAX-EWR last month and we were offered our pre flight drink and nothing after that unless you asked for a snack, drink etc. everyone pretty much passed out. I don't think they offer the full meal on red eyes
Thanks for the info. My hope is to try and visit the Centurion Lounge beforehand though I may not have time to do so.
Old Dec 18, 2014, 2:16 pm

VX Premium Transcon Eastbound Winter 2014

Virgin America First Class
Premium Transcontinental Eastbound
December 2014 to March 2015

Breakfast
Flights departing before 10am

Tropical Smoothie
Mango, Peach, Passion Fruit, strawberry, low fat yogurt, orange juice and honey
Contains Dairy

Poached Egg with Mixed Grains and Squash
Herbed wheatberry and barley blend with roasted butternut squash, sautéed kale, seared turkey mozzarella tomato sausage, goat’s cheese and lemon pesto, topped with cage free poached egg
Contains poultry, dairy, and nuts
Or
Hot Steel Cut Oatmeal
Steel Cut oatmeal with side ramekins with brown sugar, golden raisins, currants, and roasted sliced almonds
Contains optional nuts and brown sugar.
Or
Fruit Plate and Granola
Cluster of red grapes, pineapple, grapefruit, kiwi, golden berries, and strawberry served with strawberry yogurt and optional Gluten Free Udi’s Granola
Contains dairy and nuts

Lunch & Dinner
Flights departing after 10am

Cocktail Snacks
Warm Mixed Nuts
Served with drinks after takeoff

Appetizer
Winter Salad with Optional Prosciutto
Sliced Asian pears, yellow teardrop tomatoes, arugula, and toasted spiced pumpkin seeds with pomegranate vinaigrette and prosciutto
Contains optional pork

Entrées
Braised Short Rib
Braised beef short rib served with parsnip mash, sautéed Swiss chard, pearl onions, port wine balsamic thyme demi glace sauce, gremolata and lemon horseradish crème fraiche
Contains dairy and beef

Or
Vegetable Rice BiBimBap
Farro and black rice, sautéed zucchini, sautéed shiitake, cremini, and oyster mushrooms, seasoned gailan, pickled spicy fennel, and spicy soybean gochujang sauce, topped with a cage free poached egg
Contains egg
Or
BLT All American Salad
Herb roasted chicken breast with romaine lettuce, sliced English cucumbers, yellow and red cherry tomatoes, optional crispy applewood bacon and blue cheese crumbles, served with buttermilk dill dressing
Contains poultry and optional dairy and pork.

Dessert
Pumpkin Pecan Bar by Sweet Lady Jane
The two favorite flavors of the fall and winter, blending spiced pumpkin filling with sweet pecans on top of rich butter pastry

Main Classics
Take a bite out of our Main Cabin menu items

Holiday Turkey Sandwich
Nine grain wheat bread with sliced turkey breast, herb mayonnaise cheese spread, Havarti cheese, cranberry sauce, sage cornbread stuffing, and green leaf lettuce
Contains wheat, poultry, and dairy

Artisan Cheese Plate (Travel Light)
Feeling puckish? Try this light sampling of smoked Gouda, mild Cheddar, Muenster, and Camembert cheeses, nestled alongside a green grape cluster, dried apple, and apricot.
Served with gluten-free olive oil and sea salt crackers.
Contains dairy

Protein Plate
Cage-free hard-boiled egg with parsley, Brie, yellow Cheddar, and Muenster cheese, turkey breast, grape tomatoes, green seedless grape cluster, carrot stick, sliced English cucumber, and Kalamata olives, served with edamame hummus

Moroccan Vegetarian Wrap With Lemon Pesto Pasta Salad
Roasted red pepper tortilla wrap with ras el hanout, pickled carrots, white bean pine nut and herb hummus, mesclun mix, sliced English cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, goat’s cheese, and Italian parsley leaves
Contains dairy and wheat

Snacks Anytime
Top Shelf Bites
Nibble on a spread of delectable snacks throughout the flight.

101F004 Eastbound Premium-CYC4
Old Dec 24, 2014, 1:38 pm

VX Westbound (Non-Premium) Winter 2014 First Class

Westbound
December 2014

Breakfast

Catalan Frittata with Chicken Chorizo
Frittata made with Manchego cheese, pepper medley with caramelized onion and scallion, roasted Yukon potatoes bravas, sautéed tri-color peppers with onion, seared chicken chorizo sausage, and salvitxada sauce made with roasted tomatoes, almonds, garlic and piquillo peppers. Served with a fresh fruit salad of diced fresh mangos, fresh blueberries, fresh strawberries, and lychee.
Contains nuts, dairy, and poultry.

Or
Hot Steel Cut Oatmeal
Steel Cut oatmeal with optional dried cranberries, golden raisins, and pecans
Contains optional nuts

Snacks Anytime
Top Shelf Bites

Lunch & Dinner

Appetizer
Wheat Berry Barley Salad
Wheat berry and barley blend with roasted butternut squash, mesclun mix lettuce, pomegranate seeds, roasted pecans and citrus champagne vinaigrette.
Contains nuts

Entrées
Coq Au Vin
Braised chicken thigh in Burgundy wine, pancetta, aromatics, pearl onions and button mushrooms served aside grilled Yukon potatoes.
Contains poultry and pork.

Or
Vegetable Lasagna
Vegetable lasagna made from spinach pasta, grilled eggplant, grilled yellow and green zucchini squash, roasted red peppers, blend of ricotta, mozzarella, and Fontina cheese, basil tomato wine sauce, topped with ciliegene mozzarella ball, sautéed fava beans, and Nicoise olives.
Contains dairy.

Dessert
Raspberry Almond Frangipane Tart
Crunchy buttery tart shell filled with a layer of raspberry jam and almond pastry cream and fresh raspberries.

Main Classics

San Francisco Club Sandwich
Grilled sourdough bread, with sliced turkey breast, crisp applewood smoked bacon, green tea lettuce, arugula, feta cheese apread, and Roma tomatoes
Contains dairy, poultry, and pork

Feeling puckish? Try this light sampling of smoked Gouda, mild Cheddar, Muenster, and Camembert cheeses, nestled alongside a green grape cluster, dried apple, and apricot.
Contains dairy

Protein Plate
Cage-free hard-boiled egg with parsley, Brie, yellow Cheddar, and Muenster cheese, turkey breast, grape tomatoes, green seedless grape cluster, carrot stick, sliced English cucumber, and Kalamata olives, served with edamame hummus

Roasted red pepper tortilla wrap with ras el hanout, pickled carrots, white bean pine nut and herb hummus, mesclun mix, sliced English cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, goat’s cheese, and Italian parsley leaves
Contains dairy and wheat

Snacks Anytime
Top Shelf Bites

100F001 WB-CYC4

Last edited by Carfield; Jan 22, 2015 at 5:13 pm
Old Jan 5, 2015, 9:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

VX67 IAD-SFO
Airbus A320-200
Breakfast
First

Catalan Frittata:

VX84 SFO-IAD
Airbus A320-200
Breakfast
First

Poached Egg with Mixed Grains and Squash:

My apologies for the shadowing from the windows. I probably should have used the reading light with the shades closed.

Both meals were quite good IMO, then again I've been subjected to the new AA meals for quite a few months now so perhaps my standards aren't what they used to be.

I think the poached egg meal was my favorite. So many great flavors in that dish and the turkey sausage may have been the tastiest sausage I've ever had. I did find the potatoes with the frittata to be a little bland and would have loved some ketchup to go with them. Overall though, best domestic meals I've had in some time. Nice job VX!
Old Jan 5, 2015, 10:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

VX717 DAL-SFO
Airbus A319-100
Dinner
First

Wheat Berry Barley Salad:

Coq Au Vin:

Raspberry Almond Tart:

VX714 SFO-DAL
Airbus A319-100
Lunch
First

Winter Salad:

Vegetable Rice Bibimbap:

Cheese Plate:

Pumpkin Pecan Bar:

Another great set of meals on VX. I found everything to be tasty and properly filling. The setup for lunch and dinner is also very professional and classy. Two notes were that the Winter Salad and Vegetable Rice Bibimbap were a bit spicy. In fact the Bibimbap had quite a bit of heat with it and the fantastic FA offered to serve the sauce on the side. I elected to have a cheese plate before dessert to relax some of the heat in my mouth at the time. The dish was very tasty and flavorful, but not really a Bibimbap in the traditional sense.

I suggested to the FA that the Bibimbap should actually be the protein dish with some added chicken or beef and that a different veg pasta or something should be offered. He agreed and said that he felt the same way. Overall though, very tasty and I would definitely select it again.

Also, the outbound crew on VX717 was really outstanding. Definitely one of the best crews I've had in my life, especially the FA up front. He really provided a truly memorable experience.
Old Jan 5, 2015, 2:21 pm

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards (SE), Virgin America Elevate, Hyatt Gold Passport (Platinum), VIA Preference
I had the Coq au Vin on my JFK-LAX flight in December (though I think we had a different dessert). The food was excellent...that might have been my best meal on VX over my Christmas travels.
Old Jan 6, 2015, 10:07 pm
Suspended

Programs: VX Gold
Earlier tonight I had the Wagyu beef burger on DAL-DCA. It was great -- it is astronomically better than the burgers they serve on Virgin Atlantic in Upper Class.
Old Jan 22, 2015, 5:12 pm

East Coast to DAL First Class Winter 2014

January 2015
LGA/DCA to Dallas Love Field

Breakfast

Tropical Smoothie
Mango, peach, passion fruit, strawberry, low fat yogurt, orange juice and honey
Contains dairy

Catalan Frittata with Chicken Chorizo
Frittata made with Manchego cheese, pepper medley with caramelized onion and scallion, roasted Yukon potatoes bravas, sautéed tri-color peppers with onion, seared chicken chorizo sausage, and salvitxada sauce made with roasted tomatoes, almonds, garlic and piquillo peppers. Served with a fresh fruit salad of diced fresh mangos, fresh blueberries, fresh strawberries, and lychee.
Contains nuts, dairy, and poultry.
Or
Hot Steel Cut Oatmeal
Steel Cut oatmeal with side ramekins with brown sugar, golden raisins, dried cherries, and silvered toasted almonds
Contains optional brown sugar and nuts

Lunch & Dinner

Cocktail Snack
Warm Mixed Nuts
Served with drinks after takeoff
Contains nuts

Appetizer
Simple Salad
Mesclun mix with chives, chervil, and basil leaf with cherry tomatoes.
Served with a balsamic, olive oil dressing

Entrées
Coffee Ancho Braised Short Rib
Braised beef short rib with Yukon mashed potatoes, roasted Brussels sprouts, baby carrots, with red jalapeno gremolata and coffee ancho chili sauce
Contains beef and dairy

Or
Black Pepper Fettuccine
Black pepper fettuccine with cannellini beans, spinach, red peppers, peas, grilled baby zucchini and tomato confit, shaved Parmesan cheese and lemon pesto
Contains optional nuts and dairy.

Dessert
Opera Cake
Layers of almond sponge cake, soaked with coffee, layered with ganache and coffee buttercream, and covered in a chocolate glaze
Contains nuts, sugar, dairy and wheat

Main Classics

San Francisco Club Sandwich
Grilled sourdough bread, with sliced turkey breast, crisp applewood smoked bacon, green tea lettuce, arugula, feta cheese apread, and Roma tomatoes
Contains dairy, poultry, and pork

Contains dairy

Protein Plate

Contains dairy and wheat

Snacks Anytime
Top Shelf Bites

101F005 DAL Westbound-CYC4
Old Mar 28, 2015, 6:51 pm

Programs: United Platinum
Flying April 2nd 8:00 am SFO-EWR -

Does anyone know what the breakfast options will be?

Is there a snack offered later in the flight?

Thanks!
Old Mar 28, 2015, 9:39 pm

Originally Posted by Kryssa
Flying April 2nd 8:00 am SFO-EWR -

Does anyone know what the breakfast options will be?

Is there a snack offered later in the flight?

Thanks!

The current breakfast on SFO - EWR flights are a choice between Poached Eggs with Habanero Sausage, Steelcut Oatmeal or a Fruit Plate with Yogurt and Granola.

A fruit smoothie is offered before breakfast and a snack basket is available anytime during the flight.

Enjoy! =)
Old Apr 6, 2015, 8:24 pm
Suspended

Programs: VX Gold
Are meals still offered for transcon redeyes in F? I'm set to fly SFO-FLL in two weeks departing at 11:05pm, and also LAS-JFK a week later departing at 10pm.

Are meals offered for both? Is there ice cream on SFO-FLL, or is that only for BOS/NYC? (Is ice cream still offered at all?)
Old Apr 8, 2015, 7:21 pm

Unfortunately both flights will not feature a full meal service.

VX is now listing all the meals in its website, and on redeye flights, they list these items... maybe VX Cabin Crew can verify it.

REDEYE FLIGHTS

Butternut Squash Sage Soup and Half Sandwich
Protein Plate with Green Grapes and Muesli

Carfield

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.