Flying First class soon...food movies?

Old Sep 9, 13, 2:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Virgin America Elevate Gold
Flying First class soon...food movies?

Flying from PHL-SFO in First and I was wondering if the food selection and movies are that same as listed on the website.

If you flew First recently, what were your food choices.

Thanks!
Old Sep 9, 13, 2:59 pm

We just changed our menus over to the Fall items this past week. You don't say what time of day you're flying, but Westbound menus are:

Breakast -
Spinach and Asparagus Torta w/ Fruit Salad
or
Fruit Plate w/ Granola

Lunch & Dinner -
Grilled Mango Chicken
or Stuffed Eggplant
and Chocolate Hazelnut Cake

I haven't had the breakfast items, but the lunch/dinner menu is excellent.

These menus are different flying Eastbound
Old Sep 9, 13, 3:25 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by VXCabinCrew View Post
We just changed our menus over to the Fall items this past week. You don't say what time of day you're flying, but Westbound menus are:

Breakast -
Spinach and Asparagus Torta w/ Fruit Salad
or
Fruit Plate w/ Granola

Lunch & Dinner -
Grilled Mango Chicken
or Stuffed Eggplant
and Chocolate Hazelnut Cake

I haven't had the breakfast items, but the lunch/dinner menu is excellent.

These menus are different flying Eastbound
we're flying evening PHL-SFO and mornign SFO-PHL...do you know the eastbound breakfast?
thank you for the response!
Old Sep 9, 13, 3:54 pm

Eastbound breakfast:

Egg and goat cheese omelete with spiced potato cakes
Or
Fruit Plate w/ granola
Old Sep 10, 13, 12:31 pm
Original Poster

thank you, you've been very helpful
Old Sep 10, 13, 1:16 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Originally Posted by BAR423 View Post
Flying from PHL-SFO in First and I was wondering if the food selection and movies are that same as listed on the website.

If you flew First recently, what were your food choices.

Thanks!
See what you think, BAR423, but I think VX's F product is by far the best domestic F. Great food and drink, very comfortable seat, good in-flight entertainment options, lots of space and friendly FAs.
Old Sep 18, 13, 2:08 am

Virgin America First Class Menu September 2013

Fall 2013 (September 2013)
Virgin America First Class Menu

Westbound and Seattle/Portland to Los Angeles

Breakfast
Flights departing before 10am

Spinach and Asparagus Torta with Winter Fruit Salad
Egg and potato torta layered with fresh spinach, roasted red peppers, tomatoes, asparagus, ricotta, and fontina, served alongside arugula salad with dried cranberries and teardrop tomatoes tossed in tomato dill vinaigrette. Accompanied by fresh apples and pears marinated in orange, cinnamon, and lime-tangerine honey, and topped with dried cherries, kiwi, and a strawberry
Contains sugar, eggs, and dairy
Or
Fruit Plate with Granola
Fresh pineapple, orange, mango, lychees , red seedless grapes, and strawberries with creamy strawberry yogurt, garnished with a raspberry, and served with gluten-free granola and milk on the side
Contains nuts, dairy, and sugar

Mid-Flight Snack
Westbound flights over four hours
Tabbouleh and Baba Ghanoush
A duo of tabbouleh and baba ghanoush served with mini whole-wheat pita, country olives, grilled asparagus, teardrop tomatoes, and a chocolate truffle cup for dessert
Contains wheat, dairy, and sugar

Lunch & Dinner
Flights departing after 10am

Appetizer
Westbound flights over four hours
Tapas Duo
Grilled asparagus, artichoke, country olive, basil olive oil marinated mozzarella, teardrop tomato, and grilled baby zucchini served alongside tabbouleh salad garnished with preserved lemon
Contains dairy

Entrées
Chicken and Mango Mojo
Grilled chicken breast marinated in olive oil, basil, and garlic, topped with a mango mojo sauce and served over ginger basmati rice tossed with toasted pine nuts, carrots, celery, red bell pepper, scallions and currants. Accompanied by a medley of pineapple, snap peas, carrots, broccolini, and roasted red peppers.
Contains poultry and nuts.
Or
Stuffed Eggplant
Grilled eggplant stuffed with ratatouille and ricotta cheese, lightly breaded, pan-fried, and topped with melted mozzarella. Served with tomato wine sauce and fresh sautéed spinach, and garnished with olives.
Contains wheat, nuts and dairy.

Dessert
Chocolate Hazelnut Bar
Rich dark chocolate hazelnut mousse served on a buttery wheat
Contains dairy, nuts, and wheat

WB-CY4
Old Sep 18, 13, 7:03 am
Original Poster

Thanks Carfield for the detailed response! ^
Old Sep 18, 13, 7:05 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dhuey View Post
See what you think, BAR423, but I think VX's F product is by far the best domestic F. Great food and drink, very comfortable seat, good in-flight entertainment options, lots of space and friendly FAs.
This will be our 3rd time flying first and I couldn't agree with you more!!
Old Sep 18, 13, 7:43 am

Great pics! Thanks for taking the time to illustrate our menu!

Only problem is that the dessert is never supposed to be served WITH the entree. That's a no-no
Old Sep 18, 13, 12:48 pm

that looks delicious
Old Sep 18, 13, 6:48 pm

Great pics! Thanks for taking the time to illustrate our menu!

Only problem is that the dessert is never supposed to be served WITH the entree. That's a no-no
Well given that the crews did not bother doing the pre-takeoff beverages or even passing out bottled waters (but they were drinking them in front of passengers during safety demo). I was not expecting much. However this was not the only flight that dessert was served together with entree. Sometimes I don't even know what the correct procedures are!

Starter with bread
Entree
Dessert

Thanks for all your kind comments!

Carfield
Old Sep 19, 13, 12:29 am

Originally Posted by Carfield View Post
Well given that the crews did not bother doing the pre-takeoff beverages or even passing out bottled waters (but they were drinking them in front of passengers during safety demo). I was not expecting much. However this was not the only flight that dessert was served together with entree. Sometimes I don't even know what the correct procedures are!

This is completely unacceptable. Please contact the company with your flight number and experience. The only way our underwhelming teammates can be held accountable is if the company is aware of this. Likewise, it's very important to email customer service when you experience a terrific crew. We don't work directly under supervisors on the plane, so the only way management can gauge our performance is through guest comments. I take a lot of pride in my job with VX, and I strongly encourage everyone to offer feedback to our headquarters!

On a separate note, your photos are great! I wish more people on here would offer pics and/or trip reports. I think this current menu cycle is one of our best!
Old Sep 19, 13, 12:02 pm

I agree. If I am going to give Virgin a ton of money for a first class ticket I think its fair to expect the service that is supposed to come with it. It would suck to get someone in trouble but if the customer feedback is worded correctly maybe all that would result is a quick talking to. Everyone has bad/off days, after all.
Having said that, I have not had to email the company to give negative feedback on any team members. I have, however, sent a number of messages about GOOD service.
Old Oct 1, 13, 7:44 pm

Eastbound breakfast:

Egg and goat cheese omelete with spiced potato cakes
Or
Fruit Plate w/ granola
Just a quick question - what's the pre-arrival snack served on flights from LAX to East Coast on morning flights?

Thanks,
Carfield

Search this Thread
Search Engine: