Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Let's play "Decipher my Elevate Activity!"

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2012, 9:16 am
Original Poster

Let's play "Decipher my Elevate Activity!"

With your host... ME! No but really, I just don't get this. Here's a snapshot of all of my Elevate activity (I've only been flying VX since January). On all itineraries I fly with my wife. So...

On our most recent trip (7/17 outbound, 7/24 inbound) I see that I was awarded 830 points per passenger, per flight. That makes sense since we had a base fare of $160 or something close to that and then you apply the x5 pts multiplier All is well. This is the way I expect the system to work.

Every other flight just shows points earned for one passenger though. The other trip (5/26 outbound, 6/2 inbound) shows that I accrued points for one passenger's inbound flight and one passenger's outbound flight.

So what's right? Should I be earning points for my wife as well or should I only be earning points for myself? All flights were booked via the same method.

What further confuses me is that on one flight (4/24 outbound) I got my points but they didn't award me the corresponding points for my inbound flight even though it was on the same confirmation number/ itinerary.

Then there's the fact that a bunch of trips are missing but I can go back and add those.

My biggest questions though are:

1. Should I be earning elevate points for each passenger as my most recent trip seems to suggest or should I only be earning them for myself as other trips seem to suggest?

2. Why would I be awarded points for one leg of my itinerary and not another?

I'm REALLY trying to avoid getting VX's Visa card. $25,000 is a lot of spend to get me just half way to silver status. I can do a lot more with that money on my American Express. I'm ready to call VX but I want to make sure I understand the system before I do.
Old Aug 14, 2012, 10:10 am

Programs: VX Silver
Unfortunately, with VX you'll only earn points for your travel, and not your wife's. To earn points for her travel, she'd need to have a separate elevate account. If you want, you could set her up with an account and then "gift" the points back to your account (up to 20K per year). Not sure if those points would count towards status though, I'm guessing no.
Old Aug 14, 2012, 12:01 pm
Original Poster

That's what I though but then why do I show points for both my wife and I on 7/17 and 7/24?
Old Aug 22, 2012, 9:38 am

Programs: LH M&M FTL, JMP Palladium (Chase UR), Amex Plat (MR), Marriott Gold
I've never seen any of my wife (or childrens') miles show up on my Elevate account history (nor under any other frequent flier program). They probably just screwed up and doubled your miles on that particular trip.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.