Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Looking to make the switch to VX from UA.

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2010, 3:20 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Platinum, SPG Platinum
My pleasure! Happy flying!
Old Aug 10, 2010, 6:27 pm

I LOVE VX! Think they have the best experience for domestic out there. However, like some of the other posters have said, I think their FF program is terrible. So, if you have status with UA, I wouldn't make the switch, because loyalty just doesn't pay off with VX. Maybe they'll get there, but not yet.
Old Aug 10, 2010, 8:36 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Platinum, Hilton HHonors Diamond, National Executive, Starwood Gold
VX now partnered with VS for elevate miles. how it affects UA MP.

I just got an email from VX they are giving elevate miles for VS filghts.

"Our Elevate members have asked for it, and we couldn't be more excited.
Starting today, you can earn Elevate points when you fly our sister airline,
Virgin Atlantic."

So now the big question: Do I go for the VX miles when I fly VS to LHR next month or do I go with CO miles in hopes that they end up as UA miles if the merger goes through? Flying Z ticket outbound and premier econ return.
Old Aug 11, 2010, 1:14 am

Check the rules on the new VX - VS mileage deal. It's not even worth it. Go with the CO miles.
Old Aug 11, 2010, 7:13 am

Programs: AA2, DL2, Amtrak2, US2, SPG1, MAR2
Im VS Gold via Amex and have been waiting for something...anything...to switch away from the legacies and start flying VX out of DC. I thought the VS news was what I was waiting for. But 50% mileage accrual? No thanks.

I guess the wait continues.
Old Aug 11, 2010, 8:59 am

Programs: UA 1P, VX, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by DrivingRain
Im VS Gold via Amex and have been waiting for something...anything...to switch away from the legacies and start flying VX out of DC. I thought the VS news was what I was waiting for. But 50% mileage accrual? No thanks.

I guess the wait continues.
Agreed. The email about VX-VS miles got me excited, having just returned from a Transpac on UA that involved an unplanned overnight stay in Tokyo. I also would have to wait until VS starts to fly to more Southeast Asian destinations...so far only Singapore. If they added flights to Bangkok/HCMC or Hanoi/Jakarta I'd be tempted, but to only earn 50% mileage accrual on such long hauls doesnt make much sense.

I've secured 1P for next year, and making 1k is unlikely, so I'll prob look into VX for my transcons the rest of the year. A much better product even without E+. Just wish they had a better global network to offer through partnerships.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.