Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > USA
Reload this Page >

Will US embassies and consulates still add passport pages while you wait?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Will US embassies and consulates still add passport pages while you wait?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2014, 4:53 pm

Will a US Consulate add pages or just the embassy

I'm needing to add pages to my husband's passport while abroad. Does anyone know if a US consulate can add pages to a passport, not just the embassy?

In this situation the US Consulate is in a much more convenient location (Medan) for where I'll be than the US Embassy (Jakarta). I know that the embassy would add pages but what about the US Consulate in Medan?

Also, can anyone confirm that Bali requires two blank passport pages while the rest of Indonesia only requires one?

Thanks!
Old Mar 1, 2014, 4:55 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by TheTravelVenture
I know that the embassy would add pages but what about the US Consulate in Medan?
Nope.

http://jakarta.usembassy.gov/app_medan.html

Hours of Operation: Monday through Friday 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.

Provision of emergency American Citizen Services (ACS) only
No visa or routine passport / ACS operations
Old Mar 1, 2014, 5:00 pm

Oh wow. crap. lol
thanks though!
Old Mar 1, 2014, 7:42 pm
formerly known as Tad's Broiled Steaks
Shangri-La Contributor Badge

In December 2013, I asked at the consulate in Amsterdam if they could add pages for me due to upcoming travel (meaning later that night). At first they were recalcitrant, repeating that I should've made an appointment, but when they finally looked at my passport, they were convinced. The whole process took about forty minutes, and that included the original hesitation and processing time.
Old Mar 1, 2014, 10:08 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by TheTravelVenture
I'm needing to add pages to my husband's passport while abroad. Does anyone know if a US consulate can add pages to a passport, not just the embassy?

In this situation the US Consulate is in a much more convenient location (Medan) for where I'll be than the US Embassy (Jakarta). I know that the embassy would add pages but what about the US Consulate in Medan?

Also, can anyone confirm that Bali requires two blank passport pages while the rest of Indonesia only requires one?

Thanks!
Many US consulates can add pages, but others ordinarily cannot. The bigger the consulate, the more likely it can.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.