Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Passport Appointment--Expedited Service in processing

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2021, 7:17 pm
Original Poster

Passport Appointment--Expedited Service in processing

I'm looking for a little bit of reassurance on what I believe is likely a common issue. I submitted an application via USPS appt for my minor daughter's passport renewal back on 5/22. We paid for the expedited service and it's been "processing" since 6/3. Of course during this "processing" time, they change the time frame from 4-6 weeks to 10-12 weeks. She is traveling with a teen travel program departing on 7/9 (which should have been more than enough time with the original processing time).

Anyway- We have been lucky enough to secure an appointment at a passport processing office (3 hours away) two days ahead of her travel date. Only problem is her original birth certificate, old passport and my marriage certificate were all mailed in with her application. Has anyone been in this situation? Are they able to request that the documents be sent from the office that is currently holding them.

My poor daughter has been thru so much. I hate that she might miss out on this once in a lifetime trip...and to make things even worse the trip is non refundable so I am out $6000 if we can't get this done. Also-I have written to a congressman and filled out privacy forms last week-no response yet.
Old Jun 28, 2021, 11:11 am

Programs: enjoyed being warm spit for a few years on CO/UA but now nothing :(
Perhaps you can get a replacement/re-issue of the birth certificate and marriage certificate in time for the appointment? The passport office will be able to see the previous passport so while inconvenient, that is not a showstopper. In any case, your congress-critter's office is going to be source of the most help - keep trying to reach an actual person for assistance.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.