Worst Flight in the Country [USA]?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Worst Flight in the Country [USA]?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2017, 9:23 am
Suspended

Any WN flight to or from MCO during spring break. Firstly, it's WN which is horrible enough on it's own...but then you have Mombies, Deadies, and Kiddie Kettles to contend with.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 10:10 am

Programs: UA 1k, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by Fraser
I've never flown Spirit (and don't plan on doing so) but other than their aforementioned clientele what's so bad about them once in the air? Surely it's the same crappy Y seat as DL, AA, WN, UA etc.
I'm 6'7' and I fly Spirit often. The standard Y seat is slightly worse, it's a non reclining slimline with 28 pitch. The thing is... even after you buy-up the "big front" seats or the exit row (it's the must for me), the price of the ticket is still 1/2 of comparable United flight.

All planes are new and they even have few A320neo pieces in their fleet.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 10:53 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by danielSuper
I'm 6'7' and I fly Spirit often. The standard Y seat is slightly worse, it's a non reclining slimline with 28 pitch. The thing is... even after you buy-up the "big front" seats or the exit row (it's the must for me), the price of the ticket is still 1/2 of comparable United flight.

All planes are new and they even have few A320neo pieces in their fleet.
Agreed. If you get BFS at booking-time, and they have a nonstop that you need, it's survivable. In the back of my mind there's always IROPS risk, so to date I haven't booked a connecting flight. If I get a trip-in-vain or stuck at the destination, that's one thing. Stranded in Detroit with no reasonable options, as I've seen happen to Spirit pax who were trying to fly MCI-DTW-LGA, isn't something I want to experience.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 11:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Proudelitist
Any WN flight to or from MCO during spring break. Firstly, it's WN which is horrible enough on it's own...but then you have Mombies, Deadies, and Kiddie Kettles to contend with.
Add any SW flight to/from LAS. On the outbound everyone has gotten all liquored up in the airport bar, and on the return they're all hung over.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 1:16 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Avis Chairman, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, GA Pilot
Originally Posted by VivoPerLei
Anyone who flies to the Middle East is quite used to this routine. Prime time at some of those airports seems to be 1:00 am to 5:00 am, arriving and departing. Even LH's FRA to LCA flight is 10:00 pm to 2:35 am.

For me, departures from 3:00 am to 4:30 am are the toughest. Not really particular about when I arrive, presuming I don't have to work the next day. I'll just jump in a taxi and head to a hotel.
True that. I live in TLV and often have flights that leave Europe at 10pm and land at 3am local time. That plus departures at 5am where you have to be at the airport at 3. You get used to it.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 2:39 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
TravelBuzz is for general travel discussions. As the "country" mentioned in title is the United States, we will move this over to the USA forum for further discussion. Thanks. /JY1024, TravelBuzz co-moderator
Old Mar 31, 2017, 9:53 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by milepig
Add any SW flight to/from LAS. On the outbound everyone has gotten all liquored up in the airport bar, and on the return they're all hung over.
I would even add that the air around Vegas tends to be turbulent most of the time..so you get get the drunks AND the unpleasant ride. I have seen people at LAS so messed up they fell on the floor.
Old Mar 31, 2017, 1:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
US (became AA) used to have a PHX-STL redeye, on either an A319 or a CR7.

UA still has a SFO-AUS redeye on a CR7 as well .
Old Mar 31, 2017, 1:45 pm

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Any CR2's flying in the middle of the night? That might actually be the worst. Fortunately that evil little demon-plane doesn't have the range to pull off a transcon, but it could still pull off a pretty intolerable torture-flight.
Old Mar 31, 2017, 1:52 pm

Programs: DL Skymiles KE Skypass
Originally Posted by invisible
Sprint? Give me a break, you guys have no idea.... Read this
With their latest livery on the new planes, Spirit looks a lot like Sprint with the yellow and black being both companies' colors.

Old Apr 4, 2017, 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by teddybear99
With their latest livery on the new planes, Spirit looks a lot like Sprint with the yellow and black being both companies' colors.

Sprint's network is kind of the wireless equivalent to 28" seats...
Old Apr 4, 2017, 9:24 pm

Originally Posted by pinniped
Rivaled only by Allegiant to/from Sanford (central Florida) with a bunch of fake service animals in the cabin.
Yes, but at least with an Allegiant ticket, you've only got about a 50% chance of experiencing the misery:

via FlightAware

Originally Posted by Proudelitist
Not a WN fan myself...and agreed with anything long out of MCO. I will do MCO, but usually ATL <-> MCO only.
Old Apr 5, 2017, 9:12 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
The worst I did was a few years ago when I flew the F9 DEN-RDU redeye. Not only was it incredibly uncomfortable in their slimline seats that don't recline but it's short enough that if you do manage to fall asleep you get a short miserable amount of sleep leaving you really zonked when you arrive.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.