Community
Wiki Posts
Search

US B1/B2 visa - separate ticket for onward and return journey

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2017, 9:02 pm
Original Poster

Question US B1/B2 visa - separate ticket for onward and return journey

I booked two separate one-way tickets for my mother both on QR for her upcoming trip to US from India. I have read that airlines usually don't allow to board with one-way tickets when pax is on a visitor visa. Is she going to face any issues during check-in? Anyone here with similar experience, please advise.
Old Mar 24, 2017, 11:27 pm

The B1/B2 visa does not currently impose an explicit statutory requirement of holding a roundtrip ticket to maintain its validity.

The old VWPP did specify that tickets had to be roundtrip but the enforcement of that was also inconsistent.
Old Mar 24, 2017, 11:29 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by B747-437B
The B1/B2 visa does not currently impose an explicit statutory requirement of holding a roundtrip ticket to maintain its validity.

The old VWPP did specify that tickets had to be roundtrip but the enforcement of that was also inconsistent.
Thanks for taking the time to answer my question. I am more worried about QR making a fuzz out of it on check-in than the Immigration officials.
Old Mar 25, 2017, 12:37 am

Originally Posted by pbnair
Thanks for taking the time to answer my question. I am more worried about QR making a fuzz out of it on check-in than the Immigration officials.
There is no reason to assume that QR will not accept documentation in compliance with the visa conditions.
Old Mar 25, 2017, 12:50 am
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Moving to the USA forum for further discussion. Thanks. /JY1024, TravelBuzz co-moderator
Old Mar 25, 2017, 5:57 am

Programs: AA (EXP); among others :)
There will no problem, especially not if the return is also on QR. If asked at check-in, just give them the PNR/ticket number for the return portion.
Old Mar 25, 2017, 6:12 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I'd make sure that the passenger carries printed copies of the reservation and ticket, showing the PNR and ticket number.
Old Mar 25, 2017, 6:26 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I'd make sure that the passenger carries printed copies of the reservation and ticket, showing the PNR and ticket number.
+1 - There is never an excuse for not having multiple printed copies of the e-ticket receipt for the return (the e-ticket receipt is not a confirmation, itinerary or other document. It will show an actual e-ticket number). This is useful both for the air carrier and for immigration.

The easier one makes things....
Old Mar 26, 2017, 9:10 am
Original Poster

With regards to your inquiry, customers who are traveling as tourist visa are required to present confirmed return or onwards ticket regardless if the booking is made on separate booking.
That was QR official response to my query.
Old Mar 26, 2017, 9:23 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Often1
+1 - There is never an excuse for not having multiple printed copies of the e-ticket receipt for the return (the e-ticket receipt is not a confirmation, itinerary or other document. It will show an actual e-ticket number). This is useful both for the air carrier and for immigration.

The easier one makes things....
I like to always have printed copies in case the airport doesn't provide wifi (or my hotel doesn't give wifi access before check in). There's always a chance that the airline won't be able to find my reservation and ticket or that a hotel will lose my reservation, try to charge a different rate, or assign me a lower room category than what was booked. In the USA, of course my cell phone does the job to let me find confirmations and receipts in my email, but my equipment is not compatible with cell phone service in a few countries, nor is it always easy/convenient/cheap to get cellular coverage in all locations.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.