Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GUM Guam overnight

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2016, 11:38 pm
Original Poster

GUM Guam overnight

I'm considering the island hopper HNL-GUM as part of my onward journey to Japan. I've read that the landing on Guam can be a bit hard on impact. How severe is the landing and turbulence of HNL-GUM?

Once at GUM for the 13 hr layover (6 pm landing- 7 am departure), is transportation to hotels easy to obtain? I don't think I'll be renting a car. Any recommendations for hotels?

I imagine it'd be a good opportunity to go to the beach? or is that kinda meh for someone from LA.
Old Mar 10, 2016, 3:34 pm

Programs: BA Silver; IHG Spire; Avis P+; Global Entry
Will you be going on UA154.... there's a great TR about it in Trip Reports at the moment
Old Mar 11, 2016, 8:48 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus
Airport is very near the hotels which are on Tumon Beach; quite a few hotels including a nice Hilton. Ilived above the beach in the 1970s while I was teaching in Guam, so know the area but not the present evaluations of hotels. But there would be taxis for the short ride to the beach area, and that would be a fine overnight.
Hafa dai.
Old Mar 12, 2016, 5:17 am

Programs: UA*G, NW, AA-G. WR-P, HH-G, IHG-S, ALL. TT-GE.
Hotels probably offer shuttles for a fee. Or you can use the taxi. Shouldn't be more than $15 each way. The beach is not much to see at night. Landing is not much of anything on a 738.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.