Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Earning on UA with no status in paid F?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2009, 8:58 pm
Original Poster

Location: Stuck Between the Moon and CLD or SAN, Your local Taco Bell
Programs: AA EXP/LT PLT, DL PM, UA Silver, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Earning on UA with no status in paid F?

Sadly someone else has booked my travel this week. That means I get the distinct pleasure of Zone 6 boarding for seat 16D PHL-DEN. Joy.

On the return, I'm in paid F (A) on UA DEN-PHL and crediting to DM. What is the PQM/RDM rate for UA? I know I'd get preferred bonuses if I still had status.

On a related note, how much success have people had getting status extended? Where did you send your request? My travel last year was only ~16k miles, but the majority was paid transcon F. When I had status, I booked PHL-PIT on US, since then I've booked anything short on WN. (which is preferable to US Y, but not in the same league as US F).
Old Mar 16, 2009, 9:21 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat, SPG Platinum, National Executive
You may want to consider LH or BD who give 300% for A.
Old Mar 16, 2009, 9:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP/LT PLT, DL PM, UA Silver, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
LH or BD don't do squat for me - they'd just be orphan miles. At least with DM they're likely to be redeemed at some point.
Old Mar 16, 2009, 9:44 pm

Programs: DL Silver, UA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Silver, IHG Plat, Hilton Silver
For the status extension or soft landing, I wrote to my Preferred level dedicated e-mail address.

As to earning Dividend miles on UA and other Star Alliance carriers, there is a downloadable chart here (.pdf file): http://www.usairways.com/awa/content...e/default.aspx
Old Mar 16, 2009, 9:55 pm
Original Poster

Thanks, Beth. Did you write to your old level? I don't have any level currently.
Old Mar 16, 2009, 10:17 pm

Programs: DL Silver, UA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Silver, IHG Plat, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by McFlyPHL
Thanks, Beth. Did you write to your old level? I don't have any level currently.
Yes, I wrote to Platinum to retain Platinum and was soft landed to Gold.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.