Search

stuck in GDL

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2009, 3:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: American Airlines
stuck in GDL

flight 644 cxl today to phx due to mx. Total choas ensues as no one knows what to do. have to reclear customs again and i run to ticket counter. no way to get me out today so they put me on a 6 am flight tomorrow back on US on mesa. sent me across the street to hotel at gdl but US doesnt have an account so had to go back to get help. us employee comes back to hotel and starts filling out paperwork to set up an account. no meal voucher given.

does anyone know what number i can dial to US that isnt an 800 number as that obviously wont work here. My silver card only indicates the 800 number and a number to call while in europe. I dont feel confident on me having a seat on this RJ tomorrow. Id also like to know how they plan to accomodate a full 319 worth of passengers on an RJ.

Frustrated....
thx
ian
Old Mar 15, 2009, 3:21 pm

Did you try your Preferred number? The number given on the US website for callers from Mexico is 001-800-428-4322 which is the standard US International number so I would imagine there is some kind of system in place to route these calls to the US at no charge.

Also, see if you can check in online for tomorrow's flight. That would tell you whether you are in fact confirmed.
Old Mar 15, 2009, 3:42 pm

Programs: AA 2.2MM LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott/SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by enviroian
does anyone know what number i can dial to US that isnt an 800 number as that obviously wont work here. My silver card only indicates the 800 number and a number to call while in europe.
Good luck. I searched for quite when I had a problem in Italy last week, and I couldn't find one. I ended up having to email a friend and have my friend call US Airways (but my friend wasn't able to get US Airways to resolve my problem). The 800 number they list for Europe doesn't work.
Old Mar 15, 2009, 4:45 pm

Programs: United 1K,Marriott Platinum Premier,IHC Platinum Ambassador,Hilton Gold
Ask them to FIM you over to Contiental..from GDL to IAH..
Old Mar 15, 2009, 4:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
The only decent hotel I know in GDL is the IC !
Check in there (on your own dime) before being put up in some cockroach inn.
Old Mar 15, 2009, 5:29 pm

Programs: DL Silver, UA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Silver, IHG Plat, Hilton Silver
Ian, I can call or check on anything if you want me to...let me know, you have my e-mail address!
Old Mar 16, 2009, 10:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: American Airlines
2.5 hours on a RJ 2/3 full with 8th graders is always the way one likes to start their Monday at 4 AM

Found out the cause of the 319 cxl. One faulty O2 mask. One. Assuming the flight was fully booked, wouldn't it be easier and lest costly to ask for 1 volunteer to give up their seat or at the very worst IDB someone to keep that seat open?
Old Mar 16, 2009, 10:28 am

Programs: None
Originally Posted by enviroian
Found out the cause of the 319 cxl. One faulty O2 mask. One.
Since the masks in the cabin aren't checked by the crew (the only way to do that would be to drop them all), it's entirely possible that one of the masks in the cockpit was faulty.

Jim
Old Mar 17, 2009, 12:39 am

Almost certianly a cockpit O2 mask.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.