Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How is US doing, relative to other majors?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2009, 7:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Platinum; US Gold; DL Silver
So summary so far: "no idea?"
Old Mar 3, 2009, 9:54 pm

Biz travelers are not traveling, that is the point. Just look at the people on your next flight. Is has nothing to do with going to another airline they are not flying. My company has eliminated all travel until further notice and I used to take 2-3 trips a month.

As for the original OP the airlines with large international exposure are hurting worse. International cargo is almost non-existent at this time.
Old Mar 3, 2009, 10:15 pm

Programs: 6 year GS, now 2MM Jeff-ugee, *wood LTPlt, SkyPeso PLT
Originally Posted by McFlyPHL
An business travellers aren't? A goodly number I know won't or CAN'T pay the ridic fares anymore. I know we certainly can't.

Losing 10% of your Kettles is likely a whole lot less "margin negative" than losing 50%+ of business travellers combined with the loss of the ability to screw the remainder. Neither are good...
non price sensative (GS) biz traveler here. I figure that my flights in a year are about the revenue of 150 ma/pas. I don't check bags, but I do expect to get treated fairly and with respect. US (dispite my level, which they can quickly see, it prints on my boarding passes) makes no effort, so I just don't fly them any longer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.