Wiki Posts
Search

CLT Layover

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2009, 10:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS 100K
CLT Layover

On march 11th, I will fly LAX-CLT-FRA. Unfortunately, I will have a 4hr15min layover in CLT. so could someone tell me the best way I could kill time?

Does US Airways offer a one day lounge pass? if so, would it be worth it?
Old Mar 1, 2009, 10:54 am

Programs: USAirways Chairman, Delta Platinum, Fiesta Platinum, Accor Platinum, Marriott Gold
I think it is a $40 charge for the pass. Only extra space...is the benifit. Still, for four hours, maybe worth it.
Old Mar 1, 2009, 11:21 am

Programs: Choice Hotels/FFOCUS
Originally Posted by atcanobbio
On march 11th, I will fly LAX-CLT-FRA. Unfortunately, I will have a 4hr15min layover in CLT. so could someone tell me the best way I could kill time?

Does US Airways offer a one day lounge pass? if so, would it be worth it?
PM me your info & perhaps we could have a Starbucks down at D & E.
Old Mar 1, 2009, 11:56 am

Programs: UA 1P, CO Plat, MR Plat, SPG Plat, US Dirt
Honestly, I would not purchase a US day pass. The US clubs do not have free internet but the entire CLT airport does. Keep in mind that with an international departures, boarding commences between 45-60mins of departure time so you really have 3 hours and 15 mins provided your inbound isn't delayed. Hang out by the rocking chairs and log on to your computer....get a good meal in because from what I hear the coach offerings aren't that great on TATL flights.
Old Mar 1, 2009, 7:21 pm

Programs: Dividend Miles Preferred-Gold, HHonors- Diamond , Priority Club-Gold, Emerald Club- Executive
CLT has plenty of options outside of the clubs. I agree with USFreak, find a rocking chair, enjoy the free wi-fi, and listen to the guy/girl playing the grand piano. Also there are good bars in each terminal.
Old Mar 1, 2009, 8:43 pm

Programs: US CP, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
The US Clubs (there are two) in CLT are fairly average for US Clubs (at least from my experience), so nothing special. That having been said, US Club seats are much more comfortable than the seats in the rest of the airport...

The rocking chairs are definitely a trip; only airport I've seen such a thing.

Personally if I had 3 hours to kill I'd probably be inclined to check out the rocking chairs, and then check out the rest of the terminals. There are some interesting spots in the airport, including a handful of decent bars, a NC wine (no, not a misprint!) store, and a place that has some decent gelati.
Old Mar 1, 2009, 9:04 pm

Programs: DEN: WN or UA, AA LT Gold, VIA Preference Preferred
Originally Posted by USFreak
Hang out by the rocking chairs and log on to your computer....get a good meal in because from what I hear the coach offerings aren't that great on TATL flights.
Brookwood Farms BBQ is a tasty choice near the rocking chairs.
Old Mar 1, 2009, 10:07 pm

Programs: US Plat, MR Plat, SPG Plat, DL/NWA dirt, AA dirt
Originally Posted by treznor
The US Clubs (there are two) in CLT are fairly average for US Clubs (at least from my experience), so nothing special. That having been said, US Club seats are much more comfortable than the seats in the rest of the airport...

Personally if I had 3 hours to kill I'd probably be inclined to check out the rocking chairs, and then check out the rest of the terminals. There are some interesting spots in the airport, including a handful of decent bars, a NC wine (no, not a misprint!) store, and a place that has some decent gelati.
Also check out the terminal getaway. They offer massages and other spa services.

Like the other posters the lounges are okay. Soft drinks are free as well as tea and coffee. The B lounge is tiny but I usually find myself there as the B terminal seems to always be where my connecting flight leaves from. They have free snacks but the selection is rather limited. They also offer food for purchase but I think the food court offers a reasonable selection for the price.

Also don't know if you are a smoker but the bigger lounge on the C/D side has a smokers room.
Old Mar 2, 2009, 12:42 am

Programs: AA-EXP, MR-PP
Originally Posted by treznor
CLT and SAN are two I know. Perhaps someone else knows of another.

As far as the OP question is concerned. If (s)he is *A Gold then on TATL flight he can get into the Club for free.
Old Mar 2, 2009, 12:49 am

Programs: AA-EXP, MR-PP
Originally Posted by atcanobbio
so could someone tell me the best way I could kill time?
If you do geocaching, you can pick up few caches just around the airport. Or you can get few TBs from Long Term Parking Lot 1 TB Hotel (accessible via free parking shuttle).
Old Mar 2, 2009, 3:58 am

Rocking chairs? SAT has them.
Old Mar 2, 2009, 5:44 am
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
Originally Posted by jedikiah
Rocking chairs? SAT has them.
So does PHL, for like 7 years now. Maybe longer.
Old Mar 2, 2009, 6:15 am

Programs: US CP, UA, HH Gold, Marriott Plat, DL, AA, CO, ++
And CAE...

HTSC
Originally Posted by PHL
So does PHL, for like 7 years now. Maybe longer.
Old Mar 2, 2009, 9:26 am
In memoriam

Programs: UA, US, AS, Marriott, Radisson, Hilton
BOS has rocking chairs. Brookwood Farms has supremely mediocre Q.
If you like tequila, the Tequileria at CLT is fun (food likewise mediocre,
though).
Old Mar 2, 2009, 9:45 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Leow's Gold, USAIR Chairman's, Avis First, Hertz #1 Gold
DayPass probably not

The CLT club in C terminal is very larege, the staff is great and it does offer a smoking lounge. Only one I know of. The food offerings are mediocre. I would probably have a good meal out in the terminal as opposed to buying a one day pass. I have heard that the one day pass has gone up to $50.00 also.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.