Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2009, 6:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Platinum Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Adding UA number at kiosk

Hey--

Did a search.

Looking for vary basic information.

I've tried several times this year to add my UA number to a reservation at the kiosk. It wont let me.

I try UA-99999 999 999
I try UA99999 999 999
I try 99999 999 999UA
I try 99999 999 999-UA

I don't know how to do it and then eventually i give up and ask the agent to help me.

Anyone crack the code??

Thanks...

ytjk
Old Feb 3, 2009, 6:50 pm

Programs: DL Silver, UA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Silver, IHG Plat, Hilton Silver
AFAIK, you have to add it with an agent or when you book.
Old Feb 3, 2009, 6:55 pm
Original Poster

OK Thanks that was what it seemed like to me too.

The kiosk says I can add it, but I'm pretty sure it was lying.
Old Feb 4, 2009, 9:59 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
Originally Posted by ytjk
OK Thanks that was what it seemed like to me too.

The kiosk says I can add it, but I'm pretty sure it was lying.
Maybe you are confused because you can add your US # at UA's kiosks?
Old Feb 4, 2009, 10:46 am

Programs: DL Diamond, UA 1K MM, SPG Plat For Life, Marriott Plat, Nexus/GlobalEntry
I havent tried it at a kiosk but had no trouble adding my 1K number when booking at USAirways.com. During the reservation process where you add your FF number there is a dropdown menu to choose your airline and United is one of them..then you just enter the digits of your ff# in the box. Was easy.
Old Feb 6, 2009, 12:42 pm
Original Poster

Thanks.

My corporate engine usually forces the FF# of the ticketing airline onto the reservation-- so unless I call up in advance (and I can't always be bothered) I get the US# on a US ticket.

Well I need at least once a year to keep my account current, so it's not that horrible-- and after that I just have to talk to someone, I've suffered worse fates
Old Feb 6, 2009, 12:48 pm

I also book all my stuff on a corporate site.
I log into usair.com and pull up my itin. Click on the Send E-mail link on the left hand side fill out the form with my PNR and MP number and it gets added in 2 days or so. If you're booking a day in advance it might not work, but I usually find much less error this way. My MP number likes to repeat the same 2 numbers, then the last sequence uses different numbers and the agents in person would often mess up the rest of it.

I like to OLCI with my boarding pass with my MP# already on it to save me time at the airport.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.