Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Empower in F? Best/worst seats in F on a 757

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2009, 11:27 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz
Original Poster

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Empower in F? Best/worst seats in F on a 757

If there was an earlier thread, I didn't find it. Feel free to chastise me

I soon have LIH-PHX-DFW and EWR-PHX-KOA.

Seatguru seems to list 3 different flavors of 757, and I'm not sure which is which or which I'm on. (And for some reason, the seat maps are "unavailable")

Is there Empower in F?

Are there seats to absolutely avoid or prefer?
Old Jan 28, 2009, 12:09 pm

Programs: None
You'll be on version 3 as seatguru lists them. That's the West (former HP) operated ETOPS 757. The other two versions are East (original US) domestic (8 FC seats) and East ETOPS (12 FC seats used on TA flights).

As far as I know, the West fleet doesn't have in-seat power of any kind but anyone else can feel free to correct me if that's incorrect.

Since I've never been on a West 757 I'll leave the question about better seats to someone else.

Jim
Old Jan 28, 2009, 12:32 pm

Programs: Qantas Platinum, SQ Krisflyer PPS, UA 1p, Marriot Lifetime Platinum, American EXP
Here's what I think

A few months back I was on the flight to KOA and from LIH (just the reverse order of yours). The 757's on this run do not have in seat power. On the trip to KOA we were in Row 1 seats A and C, I usually like Row 1 but not on this AC. You have basically no leg room like you would normally expect in row 1. My wife even complained about the leg room and she never complains. btw, we are both only 5'8. I am not certain if the D/F side of the AC has a row 1 or if they call it row 2, but that bulkhead seemed to have a bit more room since there was a cutout at the bottom. We switched to row 3 for the return and thought that was a much better choice.
IMHO, these birds are long past the need for a cabin refresh. Besides the legroom issue the seats were not comfortable, well past the broken in phase and well into the worn out phase.
Old Jan 28, 2009, 3:23 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz
Original Poster

Thanks, all.

Looks like I'm in 1C PHX-KOA -- and that there are currently no other open seats.
Old Jan 28, 2009, 4:02 pm
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
The only 757's in the entire fleet with power are the ones that fly to Europe. They have the outlets in Envoy.

The list of aircraft with this feature is pretty shoddy compared to what it once was.

http://www.usairways.com/awa/content...ls/laptop.aspx
Old Jan 28, 2009, 5:02 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum (but always US in my heart), HH Diamond
I always prefer row 1. Though I am only 5'5", it is fantastic NOT to have someone reclining into my lap. Besides, it is easier to get your food choice in the first row. ^
Old Jan 28, 2009, 5:12 pm
Original Poster

Well, that part sounds nice. But at 6' 1" the legroom part sounds not so nice. I wonder if it's as cramped as row 1 on UA's 757s?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.